Our client is one of Canada’s leading marine service providers and has immediate openings for Tug Captains on a permanent full-time basis. We are looking for eager and self-starting individuals. The Master is ultimately responsible for the safety of his crew, the vessel, her cargo and the protection of the environment. The Captain is responsible to the Owner for the safe and efficient operation of the vessel, and is the prime authority onboard.
• Ensure all specified company rules and regulations are observed.
• Ensure that all Safety and Environmental Protection Policy of the company are being followed.
• Ensure the Health and Safety programs are in place to minimize risk to all crew members, vessel, environment and cargo.
• Motivate the crew in the observance of any company policy.
• Issuing appropriate orders in a clear and precise manner.
• Review the company’s Safety Management System.
• GMDSS responsibilities.
• Other duties assigned.
• Master Near Coastal certificate of competency issued by Transport Canada
• Excellent leadership, supervision, coaching and planning skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Valid Transport Canada Certificate of Competency
• Valid seafarer’s medical
• STCW 95 certified
• Valid Passport as well as clearance to enter the US
Be apart of a winning and growing organization, being apart of the crew means receiving a total rewards package that includes company coordinated travels, favourable rotation schedules, company p aid training and certificate upgrade bonuses.
This position offers a highly competitive compensation package. If you have a passion for great authentic Italian cuisine; drive to think outside the box but in a team environment; and the creativity to take a menu to exciting new places, please apply in confidence quoting competition number WS_864 to:
Karen Larter| Recruitment Administrator | Karen@jumpcareers.ca
Jump Recruitment Specialists| www.jumpcareers.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.