Our client, an independent public accounting firm located in Spaniard’s Bay, is recruiting for an experienced Staff Accountant to join their team of professionals.
The Staff Accountant will develop and maintain effective and positive working relationships internally and with a diverse client base. Utilizing a well-developed understanding of accounting principles, this position is responsible for preparing financial statements and providing accounting and bookkeeping services for clients across Newfoundland and Labrador.
• Completion of a 2-year college program in accounting or university degree with significant coursework in accounting
• 5-7 years of experience in the accounting profession, preferably in public practice
• Strong analytical skills with an exceptional work ethic and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency using current computerized accounting programs, spreadsheet software and word processing
• Significant experience in preparing financial statements and in general ledger in accordance with accounting standards is required
• Attention to detail and pride in your work
• Ability to perform minimal travel
Our client offers a career with opportunity for ongoing learning and future growth. They provide competitive pay and company benefits.
Apply: To apply for this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.