Our client, is Canada’s fastest-growing franchise and recipient of the Canada Franchise Association’s Franchisee’s Choice Award for 5 years consecutively are looking for an experienced Regional Director, Training and Development (RTD) to join their Maritime team (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick) .The successful candidate will be devoted to the brand and highly focused on creating a constant quality experience thought-out their territory. This is a permanent position and will require the ability to work evenings and weekends.
• Reporting directly to the Regional Lead including but not limited to Mirror Reports, and operations such as measuring the brand standards, a full review of Front of the House, Heart of the House, Safety, Security, Associate Relations and Food Safety
• Establishing and building trusting relationships with Franchise Partners by conducting valuable, purpose driven restaurant visits with operational intensity to improve business results.
• Establishing and Maintaining all Standards and Procedures for the brand
• Building customer retention and sales increases within the region
• Monitoring the construction of new stores in the region and communicate with the Construction Manager to ensure readiness for pre opening activities
• Working and communicate with all departments to ensure the success of a new store opening or re-sale transfer
• Train new Franchisees
• The Coaching, teaching and training of operators who care and front line employees
• Identifying gaps in the three pillars to work operations (training tools, “spec” books) to educate and inspire a change in behaviour.
• Participating and aid in all opening activities and re-sale transfers of restaurants
• Coach Franchisees on marketing improvements such as menu changes and special events while encouraging their active communication with Head Office
• Guide each Franchisee in the areas of, but not limited to, Policies and Procedure compliances and ensure the standards as outlines in the Operations Manual are achieved without compromise
• Be positive and proactive when dealing with influencing sales and profits
• Ensuring financial accountability at the restaurant level as well as within their own regional budget
• Participating in personal development and leadership programs set out by the Supervisor.
• Ensuring all Health and Safety regulations and procedures are being adhered to
• Commitment to working full time in a fast paced retail, food and beverage environment.
• 5 years in a regional or senior operations roll in the QSR or fast casual industry
• Must be organized; results driven and a proven multi-tasker with a high attention to detail and exemplary communication skills.
• Must have a proven track record of working with a team and building trust and respect at all levels as well as motivating and training.
• Strong business intelligence to analyze business trends and be able to find opportunities to drive better results
• Past experience in a leadership role within the community
• Working knowledge of Health and Safety Food Standards
• Post secondary education, preferably in Hospitality Management or relevant experience
• Highly services oriented and extremely responsive to guests and employee’s needs
• Must be WHMIS, First Aid/ CPR and Food Handlers’ Certified
This company offers a competitive compensation, benefit and incentive package. If you are excited by the opportunity to work for a highly successful and growing company, please apply in confidence quoting competition number WS_878 to:
Karen Larter| Recruitment Specialist | Karen@jumpcareers.ca
Jump Recruitment Specialists| www.jumpcareers.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.