Our client, a leading Atlantic Canadian Supplier to the Food Service, Hospitality, Janitorial, and Food & Beverage Sectors is looking for an organized and efficient, entry-level Purchasing Clerk to join their team at their Head Office in St. John’s, NL.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the successful candidate will be mainly responsible for ensuring accuracy in merchandise pricing, while also handling internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Process and track orders
- Ensure accurate pricing and stock levels
- Creating and updating item codes
- Creating Delivery Tickets for PO’s
- Follow up on back orders and create necessary reports
- Confirm item pricing with Sales Representatives
- Provide correct pricing for Accounts Payable
- Handling customer complaints
- Maintain relationship with vendors
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or similar field; new graduates will be considered
- Prior experience in Purchasing or similar field considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.); efficient in typing, data entry, etc.
- Knowledge of the relationship between purchasing, sales and warehousing
- Knowledge of SAP considered an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize between competing tasks while maintaining a positive attitude
- An equivalent combination or work experience and education will be considered
If you would like the opportunity to work for a company that offers competitive compensation and benefits package, low staff turnover, and opportunities for growth and advancement, please apply in confidence quoting competition number # WS_870 to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.