Jump Recruitment, on behalf of our client Fer-Pal Infrastructure, is hiring Watermain Technicians in the Greater Toronto Area. This is a full time, seasonal position.
This position includes working with other team members performing trade-related duties in the completion of water-main rehabilitation projects.
- Review and understand project plans and job requirements for equipment, materials, and installation.
- Communicate effectively and ongoing with crew members, Project Coordinator, and Office team.
- Perform and document hazard assessments, safety meetings, and site/project meetings as required.
- Ensure proper cleanup of completed projects.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders including customers, municipality and community representatives, and subcontractors.
- Maintain reporting and documentation related to project status, vehicle and equipment maintenance, safety, and time tracking.
- Participate in and complete all in-house training programs.
- Adhere to all safety policies and practices.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous outdoor trade-related experience.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license accompanied by a clean motor vehicle record for the last 36 months. Preference given to AZ/DZ license holders.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions including standing, kneeling, bending, lifting, and operating hand tools and machinery on work sites with rough terrain
- Ability to effectively communicate with other team members and customers.
- Flexibility and can adjust to changing priorities and work-related demands.
- Demonstrated conscientiousness and dependability, can be relied upon to produce results.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Able to do physical work: lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to travel as Fer-Pal projects are across Canada.
Fer-Pal Infrastructure is an entrepreneurial leader in watermain rehabilitation services in North America. With a 30-year award-winning history of ensuring clean and safe water for municipalities in Canada and USA, Fer-Pal continues to grow rapidly as a result of our leading-edge team, innovative technology, and customer excellence. Fer-Pal offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefit plan, an RRSP program including company match and opportunities for career growth.
To learn more about Fer-Pal, there are a number of You Tube videos describing the company and the culture.
Fer-Pal Company Mission:
- FER-PAL would like to create a long term, sustainable, continuously growing, well managed business.
- FER-PAL will remain the predominant player in pipe rehabilitation – now and in the future.
- FER-PAL must create and sustain a culture that prizes safety, family, quality products, workmanship, innovation, high profitability, professionalism, great customer service.
While interest from all applicants is appreciated, we regret that we will only be able to contact qualified candidates.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Fer-Pal will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise us in your application.
How To Apply
If you are excited to begin your Fer-Pal career please send your resume to Ashley Verge, Recruitment Specialist, at email@example.com or submit via the Apply Now button below.
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.