Jump Recruitment, on behalf of our client Fer-Pal Infrastructure, is hiring seasonal Watermain Technicians in St. John’s.
This position includes working with other team members performing traffic control and trade-related duties in the completion of water-main rehabilitation projects. This is a full time, seasonal position that requires a Traffic Control Person (Flagperson) certificate, Class 5 driver’s license, and access to a vehicle.
- Review and understand project plans and job requirements for equipment, materials, and installation.
- Communicate effectively and ongoing with crew members, Project Coordinator, and Office team.
- Perform and document hazard assessments, safety meetings, and site/project meetings as required.
- Ensure proper cleanup of completed projects.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders including customers, municipality and community representatives, and subcontractors.
- Maintain reporting and documentation related to project status, vehicle and equipment maintenance, safety, and time tracking.
- Participate in and complete all in-house training programs.
- Adhere to all safety policies and practices.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completed Traffic Control Person (Flagsperson) course
- Completed WHMIS and First Aid
- Previous outdoor trade-related experience.
- Must hold a valid drivers license accompanied by a clean motor vehicle record for the last 36 months. Preference given to Class 1 license holders.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions including standing, kneeling, bending, lifting, and operating hand tools and machinery on work sites with rough terrain
- Ability to effectively communicate with other team members and customers.
- Flexibility and can adjust to changing priorities and work-related demands.
- Demonstrated conscientiousness and dependability, can be relied upon to produce results.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Able to do physical work: lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to travel as Fer-Pal projects are across Canada.
Start your Fer-Pal career today!
Ashley Verge | Recruitment Specialist | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.jumpcareers.ca/ferpal/
Fer-Pal Company Mission
- FER-PAL would like to create a long term, sustainable, continuously growing, well managed business.
- FER-PAL will remain the predominant player in pipe rehabilitation – now and in the future.
- FER-PAL must create and sustain a culture that prizes safety, family, quality products, workmanship, innovation, high profitability, professionalism, great customer service.
At Jump Recruitment we recognize the value of diversity and are committed to making intentional steps toward building inclusive teams that better reflect the communities Jump Recruitment and the organizations we serve operate within. We believe that inclusion is not just about making room at the table but about seeking out talent through a diversity lens and letting everyone know that their unique perspectives are important contributions to building stronger workplaces in a changing world.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for our posted positions. We welcome candidates to self-identify or make our recruitment team aware of any potential accommodations they may need during the recruitment process.
This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.