Jump Recruitment is currently seeking highly motivated candidates for the position of Warehouse Operations Manager for our client, F.J. Wadden and Sons. This is a full-time permanent position.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
At FJ Wadden & Sons, our vision is to bring reliable and innovative wholesale distribution solutions to retail and food service customers throughout Newfoundland. We have five operating divisions to help service all your business needs: confectionary, retail, food service, etc. We specialize in providing high quality products to a variety of small and large businesses ranging from convenience stores, drug stores, independent groceries, restaurants, and institutions. F.J. Wadden and Sons is seeking a Warehouse Operations Manager to join our team in Mount Pearl, NL. To find out more, please visit: http://www.fjwadden.ca/
Reporting to the General Manager, the Warehouse Operations Manager will thrive in leading, motivating and coordinating the activities of warehouse and delivery personnel to deliver on the company’s key objectives. This person will ensure that shipping, receiving, storage, picking and delivery operations are performed in an efficient, safe manner and that necessary precautions are taken to protect warehouse contents against loss and damage. They will organize and collaborate effectively with all shared resource teams such as Finance, Sales and Procurement on improvements and solutions to drive efficiencies, best practices while managing costs effectively. They will have a history of leading an operations team in a lean, fast-paced and evolving environment. If you are a problem solver and a multitasker who can effectively lead change, F.J. Wadden and Sons encourages you to apply!
- Participate in strategic planning initiatives to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Ensure a safe and orderly work environment, enforcing safety protocols.
- Formalize policies and procedures in accordance with HR regulations & maintain organizational focus on job safety.
- Manage and improve operational practices for warehouse and delivery teams to modernize processes and optimize operational efficiencies including updating of department SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), workflow, and processes.
- Assume responsibility for small fleet of vehicles (leased and owned) and ensure regular maintenance and regulatory compliance for both the fleet and drivers.
- Ensure Inventory Control Policy is adhered to, including physical counts, cycle counts, inbound receipts, daily stock movements and credit adjustments.
- Develop KPI’s for Warehouse Operations and assist with Corporate KPI’s.
- Ensure organization of warehouse and high-level oversight of inbound shipments.
- Be main point of contact for delivery teams on road for both in-house employees and subcontracted delivery drivers.
- Develop and manage optimization of delivery routes.
- Implement best practices for hiring, evaluating, and retaining qualified warehouse and delivery personnel.
- Develop job descriptions and assess workflow processes of personnel.
- Train and coach employees to respond to customer needs.
- Manage activities of staff including goal setting and performance evaluations. Ensure the team’s skill sets meet current and future needs by regular feedback and coaching.
- Develop departmental personnel by assessing performance, setting goals, providing coaching, counseling, and training.
- Identify, and drive continuous improvement projects to achieve or exceed operational metrics: reducing waste, costs, and improving quality.
- Solid financial acumen and experience in annual budgeting process and evaluation of costs using monthly variance analysis.
- Post secondary in operations management or business management, coupled with several years of work experience.
- 5+ years’ work experience in warehousing, moving, operations or other related fields.
- Proven ability to manage challenges while continuing to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- Process improvement within operations environments.
- Able to build commitment to ideas, plans, and courses of action across the organization.
- Strong computer & analytical skills (MS office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong project management skills and the ability to build relationships with partners and other organizations.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional leadership and highly effective communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
If you are highly motivated, communicate effectively, can lead change
and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
For more information, please reach out to:
Krista Tapper, Senior HR Consultant | email@example.com
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
At Jump Recruitment we recognize the value of diversity and are committed to making intentional steps toward building inclusive teams that better reflect the communities Jump Recruitment and the organizations we serve operate within. We believe that inclusion is not just about making room at the table but about seeking out talent through a diversity lens and letting everyone know that their unique perspectives are important contributions to building stronger workplaces in a changing world.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for our posted positions. We welcome candidates to self-identify or make our recruitment team aware of any potential accommodations they may need during the recruitment process.