Website Avalon Laboratories Inc.
Avalon Laboratories Inc. is the only full-service laboratory in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador that is nationally accredited under the Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation (CALA). Their staff has been providing analytical services covering microbiology, toxicology, and water quality across Newfoundland and Labrador for more than twenty years. The company recently began offering private testing for COVID-19.
They are seeking a Warehouse Coordinator to join their team! This is a full-time, permanent position.
- A competitive salary;
- An enjoyable, diverse and healthy working environment;
- Health and dental benefits program; and
- A growing, diversified and exciting culture.
- Responsible for shipping, receiving, storing, packing, and distribution of materials required for day to day operations.
- Coordinate shipments with freight forwarders, logistics providers, couriers and other external contacts.
- Track and estimate ETA of critical deliveries and communicate to the General Manager.
- Responsible for Inventory management, physical inventory of warehouse and off-site locations.
- Maintain documents, files and records for the purpose of documenting activities, and providing materials and reliable resource information.
- Load and unload goods. Inspect and verify incoming goods against purchase orders or other documents.
- Record shortages or damaged goods and work with supplier to resolve the issues.
- Ensure accurate inventory placement and labelling of warehouse system and storage areas at all times.
- Be a key contributor in yearly physical inventory process and work on implementing improvements to streamline process.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the General Manager.
- 3 years’ relevant experience in shipping, receiving, and warehouse inventory management.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Knowledge of logistics, customs and warehouse processes.
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Excel (or equivalent) preferred.
- Restocking shelves, ability to frequently lift material up to 50 pounds.
- Communication skills, and proficiency in English Language (reading and writing).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills; listening, verbal and written.
- Ability to problem solve and identify potential issues.
Contact Stephanie Collins, HR Consultant/Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client embraces diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.