Jump Recruitment Client
Our client is seeking a vice-president of sales to join their team based in St John’s, NL, to be responsible for leading business development and sales in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the chief operating officer and/or the chief executive officer and working as a peer with other vice presidents, you will oversee the NL based sales team (Inside/Outside) and the director of sales and lead all strategic business development initiatives. The vice-president of sales will work closely with the leadership team on strategies to expand the current business portfolio and bring innovation to their approach. As a strong mentor and coach, you will champion the continuous development of a skilled sales team. Proven experience leading a high performing sales team focusing on new business development and strategic account growth will provide the vice-president sales the right balance of skills to be well positioned in an ever-changing competitive landscape. By using evidence-based sales methodologies and analytics, the vice-president sales thrives on getting into the numbers and will be responsible for rapid growth within the assigned territory. As the sales leader you will also be responsible to build substantially on the excellence of an already well-established reputation.
As the ideal candidate, you possess a bachelor’s degree in business or related field plus 5+ years of experience in a sales leadership position. With a track record of success, strong business acumen and an unwavering commitment to excellence, you possess the ability to inspire and motivate a team of professionals to work toward a common goal. Demonstrated experience in managing people through material change is essential. Both top and bottom line driven, you have demonstrated excellent results in leading profitable sales growth, and you can bring a sales team to the next level with a hands-on approach. You deliver results and outstanding customer service. Having a strong understanding and experience with using data to drive strategy, competitive insights and business you will keenly focus your team on new business development. This is an opportunity with considerable potential for further growth.
- Plans, directs and coordinates the efforts of the sales organization toward the accomplishment of business objectives, as well as obtain maximum sales volume and develop future business from all markets for the company’s products and services
- Develops objectives, policies and programs for sales activities
- Recommends product modifications and/or improvements and new product introductions based on needs feedback from customers
- Establishes and maintains executive level contacts with existing and potential key customers
- Oversees and drives the adoption of sales technology, including customer relationship management (CRM) tools
- Establishes, assigns and continuously measures objectives for his/her Direct Reports
- Develops cost center budgets and monitors performance against budget
- Is able to travel as required
- Understands and lives by the company’s ethic and business conduct policies
- Accountable for achievement of quarterly and annual top line and bottom line outcomes
- Relevant product and industry knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experienced user of s/w applications, such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
This company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited by the opportunity to work for a highly successful company, please apply online.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact:
Michelle Flynn | Senior Recruiter/ HR Consultant | email@example.com
Jump Recruitment Specialists| www.jumpcareers.ca | 709-576-0980
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.