SkyHawk Telematics is a provider of advanced fleet telematics solutions for governments, public works, winter operations and power utility sectors within North America. The SkyHawk – ConnectAnywhere™ cloud-based monitoring service is an enterprise level solution which provides fleet connectivity and operational intelligence by utilizing the most advanced cellular, satellite, and sensor networks available.
They are looking for a Sr.Software Developer to help take their products and services to the next level! Working within their Software Development Team you will be actively involved in all aspects of the development life cycle, including concept generation, design, implementation, and acceptance.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the overall software architecture and the technologies used within
- Design, implement, and debug features of high complexity with minimal guidance
- Write concise technical documentation effectively communicating the purpose, challenges,
- approach, and justification of the above features and bug fixes
- Work both individually and as a member of a team to meet the objectives of the above features and bug fixes – often leading a team of junior team members
- Frequently provide guidance, mentoring, and code reviews to junior team members
- Write code that is effective, readable, maintainable, and efficient – meeting established quality standards with minimal code review
- Lead technical meetings and demonstrations both internally and with clients (when necessary)
So If You Have…
- 8+ years of relevant software development experience
- Knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly across a wide variety of technical areas
- An analytical mind
- An aptitude for problem solving
- The ability to communicate technical concepts and ideas to members of the development team, members of the company as a whole, and directly with clients
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A strong attention to detail and a desire to probe further into issues/data
And Even Better If You Have Experience With…
- AVL, fleet telematics, or IoT
- AWS SaaS deployments
- Vert.x, Guice, GWT, MongoDB, MySQL
- Eclipse, SVN, Git, Jira, Confluence
Then Please Get in Touch!
Contact Stephanie Collins, HR Consultant/Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client embraces diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.