On behalf of our client, Marco – Builders of Atlantic Canada, Jump Recruitment Specialists is currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager, who demonstrates a strong sense of accountability in project performance, to join their amazing team in Halifax, NS or St. John’s, NL.
Who Are We?
Marco is an awarded Best Managed Company specializing in P-3’s, design-building, construction management, and general contracting for the retail, commercial, recreational, multi-residential, entertainment, health care, educational and light industrial sectors. We are a family business and the largest Atlantic Canadian General Contractor; this means that we can offer a family culture with big career growth potential.
We are committed to investing in our employees through training, mentorship, and continuous education.
Under the guidance of the Vice President of Operations, the Senior Project Manager will work with Project Managers, Site Superintendents and the Projects Coordinator to manage the construction activities on large commercial projects. They will be accountable for the overall performance of the project, including costs, schedule, quality, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Planning, scheduling, budgeting, and controlling activities during the construction phase of the project(s) in conjunction with the supporting team members
- Ensuring the project is constructed as per design, budget, resources, quality, and schedule.
- Administrating and managing prime contracts and subcontracts, including negotiating and awarding subcontracts for scopes of work and reviewing and evaluating subcontractor performance.
- Managing project budgets and schedules and submitting monthly progress billings
- Fostering and maintaining positive relations and communication with clients, consultants, architects and subcontractors
- Managing project closeout and commissioning
- Travel at least once a month between Halifax, NS and St. John’s, NL.
- A degree in Civil Engineering, CET certification, or the equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, and problem-solving skills
- 5–10 years of progressive construction experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced ability to build relationships
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Procore, project management and scheduling software
- Above-average time management skills
- A strong work ethic, a relentless drive to fulfill commitments, and tremendous enthusiasm
- A Competitive salary
- Employee profit-sharing
- A corporate wellness program
- Health benefits
- RRSP matching
- Plus, so much more!
If you are someone who takes pride in their work with a keen attention to detail – have the qualifications and are prepared to bring your “A” game, apply today!
For more information, please reach out to:
Brendan Hagerty, General Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.