Jump Recruitment Client
Our Client, a leading provider of Internet-based GPS tracking and monitoring solutions, with primary focus on government and utilities sectors is seeking a bilingual Senior Project Manager to join our team on a full-time basis to support their client located in Montreal, QC.
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and will be required to work remotely from home and from various client sites. You will liaison with our new client and lead our passionate and dedicated cross-functional teams in the delivery of hardware and software telematics solutions. The ideal candidate is a confident self-starter, a persuasive and easy communicator, a collaborator and consensus-builder. You must be equally at-home in the boardroom as you are troubleshooting in the field.
- Evaluate, plan, lead and control assigned project activities for the deployment and implementation of client AVL/telematics systems, specifically with regard to large installations and key client accounts.
- Develop project documentation including proposals, project plans, schedule, risk management plans, QA plans, system requirement documents, master test plans, change orders.
- Guide project team members, remove obstacles, and gain consensus from the project team and stakeholders.
- Participate in the RFP bid review process; assist the Sales team with requirement evaluation, strategy, project plans, and budgetary information to prepare comprehensive proposal response.
- Monitor tasks, deliverables and budgets and prepare weekly reports defining project progress, problems and solutions to all stakeholders.
- Monitor risks during various stages of the project and escalate issues to the appropriate level of management.
- Oversee the creation and execution of test plans for project implementations.
- Track and drive resolution for critical project issues; assist the Customer Support and Engineering teams with troubleshooting as needed.
- Work with accounting and administration staff to ensure timely and accurate client invoicing and ensure AVL system installations are performed within the defined budget.
- Complete annual training and other requirements as necessary to maintain PMP designation in good standing.
- Collaborate with the Operations and Engineering teams to ensure long-term system improvement.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Bilingual; proficient in verbal and written French/English.
- PMP certification in good standing.
- Degree or diploma in a technical discipline.
- 10+ years’ experience managing technical projects, preferably in the AVL Telematics or Telecom industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to relay technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Planning, organizational and leadership skills, customer focused, ability to motivate others, and excellent presentation skills.
- Strong analytical approach to resolving issues.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Project, Excel and Word.
- Excellent time management skills.
The following would be considered valuable assets:
Experience managing software application projects.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology.
- ITIL V3 certification.
- Experience with Fleet Management.
- Familiar with winter road maintenance activities.
Our client takes pride in offering a collaborative work environment, with competitive salaries and benefits package. Training and career development is encouraged. If you are excited by the opportunity to work for a highly successful company, please apply online.
Michelle Flynn| Senior Recruiter/ HR Consultant
Jump Recruitment Specialists| www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
ONLY CANDIDATES LEGALLY ENTITLED TO WORK IN CANADA NEED APPLY.