Our client, The Cahill Group is one of the largest multi-disciplinary construction companies in Canada, with operations from Newfoundland to Alberta. They believe in taking care of their people with rewarding career opportunities, competitive compensation packages, and a dynamic working environment.
Senior Mechanical Estimator (HVAC / Structural)
- Attending site visits, reviewing and critically analyzing tender documents for unclear technical or commcercial items and submitting queries to the client for response, consciousness of other diciplines for interfaces or interferences.
- Performing take-offs, obtaining pricing from supply chain, participating in the development of project schedule and execution plans.
- Developing bid preparation schedules identifying the tasks, assignments and deadlines, for preparation of more complex bids.
- Developing the takeoff so it facilitates/is aligned with tracking requirements for job cost and schedule – per system, per drawing, per floor and by phase, requesting quoted prices, identifying subcontractors, estimating project expenses with the appropriate management.
- Developing and adhering to estimate breakdown standards, compiling a risk register for management review, and preparing submittal documents.
- Preparing final estimate breakdowns and analyzing each section for scope, price and completeness.
- Participating in estimate reviews prior to submittal to the client.
- Completing post-bid analyses on jobs bid and document lessons learned.
- Partnering with various other business functions such as Procurement, Quality Control, Planning/Scheduling, and Project Coordination.
- Integrating lessons learned and tracking from Project back into historical data for future reference.
- Minimum of 8 years within a HVAC and / or structural estimating role with a strong understanding of HVAC and structural industry / specifications.
- Engineering degree, diploma or trade certification.
- Construction experience.
- Ability to strategically make decisions under pressure.
- Knowledge of Accubid/Trimble estimating software packages.
- AutoCAD is considered an asset.
Our client is an equal opportunity organization. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.