Daye Kelly and Associates
Jump Recruitment is currently seeking candidates for the permanent, full-time position of Senior Manager, Accounting and Assurance for our client, Daye Kelly and Associates, located in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
Daye Kelly and Associates is a mid-sized accounting firm based in beautiful Fredericton, New Brunswick with a 40+ year history and a great reputation. We are looking for a confident, experienced, self-starter, who is dependable and likes to learn new things in an ever-changing environment. We have a great client base of small and medium size businesses that is growing steadily by word of mouth. To learn more, click https://dayekelly.com/.
The Senior Manager, Accounting and Assurance is a Chartered Professional Accountant who has a natural curiosity and desire to continually acquire new skills, ability to build strong client and colleague relationships, and have the willingness to invest the energy and time necessary to progress to a future leadership position (partnership) within a couple of years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage a portfolio of clients; ensuring their needs are met, identify key risks and ways to deliver added value, build and maintain strong relationships, provide advice, recommendations, and solutions.
- Deliver expertise in the planning, preparation, and review of various assurance and audit engagement files through client interactions, reports, technical work, presentations, and the creation of high-quality deliverables.
- Prepare and review of corporate, personal and estate income tax returns.
- Coach, advise, train, and support junior team members in meeting client and self-development expectations.
- Enhance business development opportunities by networking, building community relationships, and attending various local business functions.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in business (preferably with a specialty in accounting and/or finance).
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation.
- 10 years of experience in public practice including strong financial statement and tax experience.
- Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality.
- Exceptional computer skills including experience in a paperless work environment with Adobe/PDF, Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook; extensive knowledge of CaseWare and Jazzit, Taxprep or Profile, QuickBooks and Simply Accounting (Sage).
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations (ASNPO), and Generally Accepted Audit Procedures (GAAS)
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management, tax, and practice development principles.
- Ability to research and access professional and technical materials.
- Proven people management, relationship building (with clients and colleagues), and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal) including strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, able to prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
WHY WORK WITH US:
- We offer an attractive Total Compensation package including bonus program eligibility, Group Insurance Plan, Group RRSP, Health Spending Account, mental health resources through our Employee Assistance Program, paid CPA professional fees, and assistance for relevant professional development opportunities.
- An engaged, progressive, highly supportive, flexible, and collaborative work environment.
- Love a condensed work week? Enjoy Fridays off? Work from Monday to Thursday (July to December) with the option to work a hybrid schedule a couple of days per week. Note – regular work week applies from January to June (Monday to Friday) due to operational requirements.
WHY WORK IN FREDERICTON, NB:
- Do you like to live a life well crafted? The Fredericton Capital Region is a destination that’s built for discovery. The more you look, the more you find. We’re a place where harmonious contrasts don’t just coexist, they intertwine, mixing together in unique ways to create a place filled with memorable experiences. To learn more, click here: https://www.frederictoncapitalregion.ca/
HOW TO APPLY: https://www.jumpcareers.ca/bullhorn/#/jobs/1138
If you are a confident, experienced, self-starter, who is dependable and likes to learn new things in an ever-changing environment, apply in confidence today! For more information, please contact:
Christine Phillips | HR Consultant & Executive Recruiter | email@example.com
Jump Recruitment | https://www.jumpcareers.ca/
At JUMP Recruitment we recognize the value of diversity and are committed to making intentional steps toward building inclusive teams that better reflect the communities JUMP and the organizations we serve operate within. We believe that inclusion is not just about making room at the table but about seeking out talent through a diversity lens and letting everyone know that their unique perspectives are important contributions to building stronger workplaces in a changing world. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for our posted positions. We welcome candidates to self-identify or make our recruitment team aware of any potential accommodations they may need during the recruitment process. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.