On behalf of our client – Daye, Kelly & Associates, Jump Recruitment Specialists is seeking a highly confident, experienced, and dependable Senior Manager, Accounting & Assurance to join their amazing team and relaxed informal work environment in Fredericton, NB.
Who We Are:
Daye, Kelly & Associates is a mid-sized accounting firm with a 40+ year history and an amazing reputation. We believe in the value of relationships. We view every client relationship like a partnership, and truly believe that our success is a result of your success. We are committed to providing close, personal attention to our clients and take pride in giving them the assurance that the assistance they receive comes from years of advanced training, technical experience, and financial acumen. Our continual investment of time and resources in professional continuing education, state-of-the-art computer technology and extensive business relationships is indicative of our commitment to excellence.
Who You Are:
The Senior Manager, Accounting & Assurance is a self-starter, extremely organized, enjoys interacting with people and learning new things in an ever-changing environment. You will be an integral part of the practice and a liaison for clients and staff. To be successful in this role, you should have strong technical and administrative skills, and have worked previously in a public practice accounting firm with strong financial statement and tax experience
The position is full time and has the potential of developing into a future partnership at the firm within 2-3 years.
- Managing a portfolio of clients; ensuring their needs are met and strong relationships are maintained, providing advice, recommendations, and solutions
- Planning, preparation and review of various assurance and audit engagement files
- Preparation and review of corporate, personal and estate income tax returns
- Coaching, training, supervising, and reviewing junior staff
- Business development activities such as networking, community relationships, and attendance at various local business functions
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in public practice
- Exceptional computer skills including experience in a paperless work environment with Adobe/PDF, Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook; extensive knowledge of CaseWare and Jazzit, Taxprep or Profile, QuickBooks and Simply Accounting (Sage).
- Strong organizational skills, punctual, detail-oriented, able to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and able to work well with clients and colleagues
- Ability to research and access professional and technical materials
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations (ASNPO) and Generally Accepted Audit Procedures (GAAS)
- Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management, tax, and practice development principles
- A natural curiosity and desire to continually acquire new skills
- Flexibility, ability to build relationships, and the willingness to invest the energy and time necessary to progress to a future leadership position within our Firm.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Structure
- Full Benefits Package
- Plus, so much more!
If you are a passionate, self-starter who loves crunching numbers, have the qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.