On behalf of our client, Jump Recruitment Specialists is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Accountant / Office Manager to join their team in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
The Senior Accountant / Office Manager will report directly to the owner and will work closely with the remainder of the team on a day-to-day basis. You will be responsible for monthly internal reporting and the financial analysis of results. You will be part of a growing company that values a supportive, team-based environment.
- Processing employee payroll
- Accounts payable and receivable; along with approving cheque payments
- Completion of monthly working paper files including HST returns, visa reconciliations, balancing bank statements
- Year-end balancing for T4, T4A and T5 processing, while working with external Accountant
- Preparation of annual budgets and cash forecasts
- Collection of accounts receivable and preparation of monthly accounts receivable report
- Coordinate, reconcile and record the monthly pre-authorized payments
- Prepare charge backs and invoices
- Group Benefits Administration including processing enrolments/terminations of benefits, handling inquiries, breaking down benefits costs and processing applicable employee benefit deductions
- New employee onboarding including setting up on all systems, setting up HR File, enrolling in benefits, ensuring new hire documents are complete, setting up email Accounts and Microsoft office, setting up training sessions, and sending new employee introductions
- Other office duties as required
- Completion of an undergraduate degree
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- CPA designation would be an asset
- A passion for numbers
- Experience working in a similar role
- A multi-tasker who is familiar with trusts, investments, and operating companies
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Eager to learn, grow, create, connect and lead
- Able to collaborate / communicate within a team is key
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, and handle multiple demands with competing priorities
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- RRSP matching
- Plus, so much more!
If you are someone who takes pride in their work with a keen attention to detail – have the qualifications and are prepared to bring your “A” game, apply today!
For more information, please reach out to:
Sarah French, Senior Recruiter | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.