Website Grieg Seafood Newfoundland
Rooted In Nature
Jump Recruitment is currently seeking candidates for the permanent, full-time positions of Seawater Site Manager for our client, Grieg Seafood Newfoundland, based out of Marystown, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
WHO WE ARE:
Grieg Seafood Newfoundland is a dynamic and growing company in the Aquaculture industry. We are establishing a brand-new region for salmon farming in the Marystown & Placentia Bay area. Many talented employees work for us, building an exciting industry in this part of Eastern North America. For more information about Grieg Seafood Newfoundland, please visit https://griegseafood.com/nl.
The Seawater Site Manager will be responsible for all farm operations including growth performance, feeding, husbandry, inventory purchases, maintaining contractor relationships and management and security of stock. Other responsibilities include farm planning, performance management, training, coordinating work crews and scheduling), and adherence to all occupational health and safety requirements.
- Manage centralized feeding equipment including feeding and environment monitoring
- Benchmark growth performance and cost of production
- Feed forecasting, ordering, inventory, and quality control
- Develop and implement farm practices and working procedures
- Understand, enforce, and adhere to all government regulations, farm best practices and SOP’s
- Implement emergency response systems
- Environmental and plankton monitoring, install/manage bloom mitigation equipment
- Operate, control, and monitor oxygen supplementation equipment
- Understand and enforce site Biosecurity
- Understanding of all fish handling procedures
- Understanding of feed regimes, feed rates and feed monitoring
- Familiarity with cage and anchoring knowledge and related maintenance
- Provide supervision and support to your team on the farm through general husbandry operations, ensuring a healthy lifecycle of fish from smolt intakes, growth to harvest
- Under the supervision of the Director of Production, direct the adjustments to the production schedule as needed to maximize productivity
- Implement, monitor, and report on programs that improve the health and safety of the work team and of the salmon with the goal of meeting and exceeding regulatory compliance
- Other appropriate duties as required
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor of Science or related degree/diploma in Aquaculture, Aquatic Resources or Fisheries Resource Management
- Minimum of four years experience in aquaculture industry, specific to salmon (other aquaculture experience will be considered)
- Thorough knowledge of fish growth performance (FCR, SFR, Survival etc.) and stock management procedures
- WHMIS, MED A3, Radio Operator, Small Vessel Operating Permit, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, Forklift, and Confined Space certifications an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership skills including excellent project management abilities
- Excellent planning, organizational, forecasting, and financial management skills
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions under pressure
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and coaching skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Experience & proficiency with FishTalk and/or similar fish health management software considered an asset
OUR WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Shifts will be 8-days-on and 6-days-off. While off shift, the Site Manager will be on call in case of emergency.
- Permanent Position.
- Full vaccination for COVID 19 is as a condition of hire. Candidates who are not able to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine for a reason related to a Human Rights Code, can request an accommodation during the recruitment process
NUMBER AND TITLE OF POSITIONS:
- 2 – Seawater Site Managers
- Marystown, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, A0E 2M0
- Facilities – Placentia Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, Grieg Marine NL Ltd.
- P.O. Box 457, 205 McGettigan Blvd., Marystown, NL CA A0E 2M0
LANGUAGE OF WORK:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EMPLOYMENT EXCELLENCE:
- Grieg Seafood Newfoundland offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package (including Group Insurance & RRSP).
- Salary: $80,000 to $120,000 (to be negotiated)
If you an enthusiastic, self-starter with the ability to lead a team and contribute to the company’s overall success, apply today! For more information, please contact:
Christine Phillips | HR Consultant & Executive Recruiter | email@example.com | Jump Recruitment | https://www.jumpcareers.ca/
Qualified candidates will be considered. Detailed Job Descriptions available upon request. We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.