Website Grieg Seafood Newfoundland
Rooted In Nature
Jump Recruitment is currently seeking candidates for the permanent, full-time positions of Seawater Site Manager and Assistant Manager for our client, Grieg Seafood Newfoundland, located in Marystown, NL.
WHO WE ARE:
Grieg Seafood Newfoundland is a dynamic and growing company in the Aquaculture industry. We are establishing a brand-new region for salmon farming in Marystown & around Placentia Bay. Many talented employees work for us, building an exciting industry in this part of Eastern North America. For more information about Grieg Seafood Newfoundland, please visit https://griegseafood.com/nl.
The Seawater Site Manager and Assistant Manager will be responsible for all farm operations including growth performance, feeding, husbandry, inventory purchases, maintaining contractor relationships and management and security of stock. Other responsibilities include farm planning, payroll, human resource management (recruitment, performance, training, coordinating work crews and scheduling), and adherence to all occupational health and safety requirements. Qualified candidates will be considered for both roles.
- Manage centralized feeding equipment including under water feeding and environment monitoring
- Benchmark growth performance and cost of production
- Feed forecasting, ordering, inventory, and quality control
- Develop and implement farm practices and working procedures
- Understand, enforce, and adhere to all government regulations, farm best practices and SOP’s
- Implement emergency response systems
- Environmental and plankton monitoring, install/manage bloom mitigation equipment
- Operate, control, and monitor oxygen supplementation equipment
- Understand and enforce site Biosecurity
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor of Science or related degree/diploma in Aquaculture, Aquatic Resources or Fisheries Resource Management
- Minimum of four years @ sea experience (working in the wild fishery sector is an asset)
- Previous experience in the aquaculture industry is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of fish growth performance (FCR, SFR, Survival etc.) and stock management procedures
- WHMIS, MED A3, Radio Operator, Small Vessel Operating Permit, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, Forklift, and Confined Space certifications an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership skills including excellent project management abilities
- Excellent planning, organizational, forecasting, and financial management skills
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions under pressure
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and coaching skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency including FishTalk or similar fish health management software
OUR WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Shifts will be 8-days-on and 6-days-off. While off shift, the Site Manager will be on call in case of emergency.
- Full vaccination for COVID 19 is as a condition of hire. Candidates who are not able to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine for a reason related to a Human Rights Code, can request an accommodation during the recruitment process
OUR COMMITMENT TO EMPLOYMENT EXCELLENCE:
- Grieg Seafood Newfoundland offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
If you an enthusiastic, self-starter with the ability to lead a team and contribute to the company’s overall success, apply today! For more information, please contact:
Christine Phillips | HR Consultant & Executive Recruiter | firstname.lastname@example.org | Jump Recruitment | https://www.jumpcareers.ca/
Qualified candidates will be considered for both roles. Detailed Job Descriptions available upon request. We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.