Jump Recruitment, on behalf of our client, Fer-Pal Infrastructure, is seeking a full time Truck and Transport Mechanic, with Automotive Service Technician experience, to join their team in Regina. This is a position with above average wages, company RRSP match and 10% vacation pay. See below for more information.
FER-PAL Infrastructure Ltd. is at the leading edge of the water main rehabilitation industry. Using trenchless technologies, we ensure clean water supply to municipalities throughout Canada and the United States. Our environmentally friendly innovative methods and focus on customer service fuels our growth. Our commitment as an employer to safety, collaboration, and learning provides the foundation for our team to deliver excellence.
FER-PAL Infrastructure is looking to hire a full time Truck and Transport Mechanic, with Automotive Service Technician experience, to service and maintain our trucks and equipment in Regina, Saskatchewan. This position reports to the Fleet Manager/Shop Foreman. Please note that training will take place at our Greater Toronto Area head office and travel expenses will provided. Following is a description of this position:
- Ensuring safe work practices is critical to success at Fer-Pal
- Preventative and scheduled truck and equipment maintenance
- Diagnosing / repairing hydraulic and electrical systems on trucks, skid steers and backhoes.
- Adjusting / replacing/ repairing machinery, vehicles and equipment as required.
- Onsite service calls at project locations.
- Testing and ensuring successful completion of work.
- Documenting maintenance and repairs according to standard procedures.
- Maintaining flexibility and helping the team meet its goals.
- Adhering to standard operating practices.
- This position will require evening and weekend work.
- Valid Truck and Transport Mechanic and Automotive Service Technician Certifications preferred
- Proven knowledge of local vehicle safety regulations and requirements
- Experience with Servicemaxx, CAT ET, Cummins INSITE, and Hino preferred.
- Strong ability to continuously learn to work on new equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Basic computer skills (PC, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive and deliver results under pressure.
- Ability to work well with and without direct supervision.
- Own transportation, valid driver’s license, and a good driving record.
To learn more about Fer-Pal, there are a number of You Tube videos describing the company and the culture. A company overview video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H59NoqpIw6A
Start your Fer-Pal career today!
- Hourly wage $50/hour
- Up to $5.50 hourly RRSP contribution
- 10% vacation pay
Rebecca Furey, Recruitment Specialist | email@example.com | Jump Recruitment Specialists
Fer-Pal Company Mission
- FER-PAL would like to create a long term, sustainable, continuously growing, well managed business.
- FER-PAL will remain the predominant player in pipe rehabilitation – now and in the future.
- FER-PAL must create and sustain a culture that prizes safety, family, quality products, workmanship, innovation, high profitability, professionalism, great customer service.
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.