Jump Recruitment, on behalf of our client, techNL, is seeking a Local Talent and International Program Manager to join their St. John’s office.
techNL is a not-for-profit industry association that works closely with members, industry and government to help shape policy and advocate for those issues that matter most to members. As the voice of the technology sector in NL, techNL’s mission is to help members grow and scale through work on talent development, programming, technology advocacy, digital transformation, and strategic partnerships.
Reporting to the Director, Innovation Programs, the Program Manager will work closely with techNL staff, program staff, and partner organizations to attract and retain local and international talent to the tech sector in Newfoundland and Labrador, all through a core lens of diversity, equity and inclusion. This is full time, contract position until 31 March 2024.
techNL operates in an amazing, fast-paced, cutting-edge sector, and with that comes the opportunity to adapt, learn and grow. The successful candidate will be a creative solutions finder who embraces new ways of thinking, doing and executing.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing our tech talent strategy with a focus on attracting, preparing, matching and retaining local and international talent
- Leadership and management of 2-4 team resources
- Oversee and manage multiple projects and a program including managing finances and reporting responsibilities to government funders
- Engage techNL member companies, academic institutions, community and government partners in delivering on the talent strategy
- Leadership role on committees and working groups
- Administration and reporting to the Director, Innovation Programs
- The Employee may also be required to perform other related services as directed by the Employer’s management.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or comparative experience
- 5+ years of related, relevant experience at a managerial level
- Demonstrated history of managing staff as well as projects with strong attention to detail and follow up
- Lived experience outside Canada and experience in international recruitment are assets.
- Experience in multi-stakeholder initiatives, either in a leadership role or as a significant participant
- Interest in and knowledge in technology and innovation ecosystems.
- Experience in and commitment to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion for all equity-deserving groups. Lived experience is both valuable and valid.
- Capabilities in Microsoft Office, Canva, and other commonly used office tools
- Knowledge of project management software and tools
- Excellent communication skills across multiple situations and formats
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- A self-starter who is pro-active, dynamic, creative and does well with significant program autonomy
- A passion for helping Newfoundland and Labrador thrive and grow
Note on Qualifications and Experience: Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that equity-deserving individuals are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At techNL, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you are excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every requirement, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, preference will be given to applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada. techNL is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including women, people of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression; Indigenous peoples; visible minorities and racialized people; and people with disabilities. Applicants may request accommodations for the application or interview process.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.