Website Country Ribbon Inc.
Jump Recruitment is currently seeking candidates for the position of Production Manager for our client, Country Ribbon, located in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Our Story – Freshest Because It’s Raised Right Here:
Country Ribbon Inc. is proud to supply Newfoundland and Labrador with quality, made-right-here, fresh and individually fresh frozen chicken products. Since being established, we’ve developed into this province’s only fully integrated chicken producer and processor. That means we’re involved in every stage of the process – we know where our product is going, and where it’s been, all the way from farm to plate. From our modern barns, with plenty of space, and 24-hour-a-day access to fresh feed and clean water, federally-inspected processing where we employ hundreds of Newfoundlanders, Country Ribbon always goes the distance to ensure quality and safety – after all, we live and work right here in your community. To find out more, click on https://www.countryribbon.com/.
Country Ribbon is looking for a Production Manager who will be responsible for managing day-to-day production operations to fulfill customer requirements, meet quality standards, and maximize efficiency while ensuring compliance with OHS and HACCP policies. You will lead and mentor all production supervisors to ensure optimal production efficiencies.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Production Manager will be responsible to:
- Facilitate and foster a team-based approach to production to ensure optimal performance and take corrective action to address performance issues,
- Identify opportunities to eliminate waste in plant processes, add value to customers, and develop solutions through Continuous Improvement and LEAN initiatives,
- Liaise with the production, quality assurance, shipping, and sales teams to ensure product orders are filled to acceptable levels while meeting specifications and expectations of all key stakeholders,
- Ensure the right resources, materials, and equipment are available at the right time in the right place to meet production needs,
- Assist with capital projects by providing input into requirements for equipment and layout for process and cost improvement,
- Ensure occupational, health & safety practices and the food safety program is in followed,
- Monitor compliance with reporting related processes, monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), and initiate appropriate action to address non-compliance.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Completion of post-secondary education in business, industrial engineering, food safety, or other relevant field,
- Five (5) + years supervisory experience preferably in a food processing or manufacturing environment,
- Exceptionable people skills including strong interpersonal, communication, and team building abilities,
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Our Work Environment:
- We are looking for a collaborative leader who thrives being visible on the processing plant floor at our East White Hills Road, St. John’s location. Office time will be limited.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Virtual Health, a Health Care Spending Account, defined contribution pension plan (matching), various paid leaves, and an attractive compensation package.
If you an enthusiastic, self-starter with the ability to lead a team and contribute to Country Ribbon’s success, apply in confidence today! For more information, please contact:
Christine Phillips | Senior HR Consultant & Executive Recruiter | email@example.com | Jump Careers | https://www.jumpcareers.ca/
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.