On behalf of our client, a leading digital print and letter shop, Jump Recruitment Specialists is currently seeking a Pre-Press Production Assistant/Studio Technician – who strives for excellence, has a passion for computer and print technology, demonstrates a keen “attention-to-detail” and a high level of accuracy. Are you a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment?
Come join our team in Toronto, Ontario!
The Role –
Reporting to the Vice President, the Pre-Press Production Assistant / Studio Technician is knowledgeable, and technically savvy in utilizing various software platforms, MS Excel and Data Management tools to effectively proof print materials, ensuring formatting, images and text are accurate and to client specifications. They are eager to learn new equipment, any required software and engage with our clientele.
Candidate should have previous experience as per:
- Prepare and process client/vendor provided data files to Canada Post specifications using Excel
- Check and clean up client supplied data files for personalized variable print and mail (using CP software)
- Check the validity of data files and performing merge/purge or other file manipulation (software automated)
- Set up client supplied files for digital printing using advanced variable imaging software
- Ensure print files are set up to print in the most economical format, ensuring colour matching and image quality
- Assist in trouble shooting files with colour or prepress or preproduction inefficiencies and quality
- Execute detailed checks of printed proofs
- Set up and Rip print ready files to digital print equipment: Baltoro, iGen, Nuvera, CTP, Xante
- Assist in Bindery or Mail Department when required
- Additional daily tasks may include the creation of, or modification to, native artwork files (i.e. Illustrator, In-design, Excel etc) and the preparation of final print-ready PDF files
- Update internal work orders to ensure current and accurate information is up to date on the order and ensure the file will print as per client specifications
- May be required to communicate directly with clients via email and/or phone.
- Management will provide training on digital output equipment, work order software and any other accompanying software.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field (Digital Graphics)
- 3- 5 years proven experience in a related role
- Proficiency and prior experience with Excel, X-Mpie, Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) in the digital print graphics business
- Results driven with the ability to develop and execute plans
- Exceptional communication abilities that inspire and engage others
- Self-starter who demonstrates passion for their work and has the ability to multitask
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation
- Benefits package
- Plus, so much more!
If you are a highly motivated individual and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
For more information, please contact:
Rebecca Furey | Recruitment Specialist/HR Consultant | firstname.lastname@example.org Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada