Our client, The Comfort Hotel – St. John’s, have an immediate opening for the position of a Porter.
WHO WE ARE:
When you stay at one of our award-winning hotels, the family environment really permeates throughout each property. Many of our staff have been with us a long, long time and we think it really sets us apart from other hotels.
We have a group of industrious people here that have the ‘disease to please’ and their values are closely aligned with ours, as far as family goes. Values like putting people and our customers and communities very much in the forefront. We just love the people in this business.
We love our staff and the heartwarming stories they share from serving guests like you. As Newfoundlanders, we are really connected to people, and it is important to us to make those connections. That is really our passion for this business.
As a Porter, you will be responsible for ensuring the comfort, convenience, safety, and enjoyment of hotel guests and patrons in meeting and banquet rooms.
- Respond to guest needs and requests promptly and courteously.
- Assist hotel guests with luggage, carts, wheelchairs, etc., as required.
- Perform light maintenance in guest rooms when maintenance personnel are not available.
- Transport hotel guests in the airport courtesy shuttle.
- Ensure preparedness of meeting and banquet rooms prior to scheduled functions.
- Maintain and store all furniture and equipment used in meeting rooms.
- Snow clearing and salting as required (seasonal).
- Perform regular security/cleanliness checks of all interior corridors, stairwells, entrances and exits, as well as exterior grounds and parking lots.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Expectations:
- Must have an outgoing personality and a demonstrable ease with communication with guests and patrons.
- Must be capable of heavy lifting.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision while meeting high performance standards.
- Must be available to work any scheduled shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Must have a Class 4 driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
Sam Carberry | HR Consultant | email@example.com
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.