OTC Insurance Brokers
On behalf of our client, OTC Insurance Brokers Inc, Jump Recruitment Specialists are seeking applications from experienced insurance professionals for the position of Personal Lines Manager in their Dartmouth, NS office.
OTC Insurance Brokers Inc is a Commercial and Personal Insurance Broker firm serving Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island. Their goal is to offer an elevated customer experience and to ensure clients have the information they need to make sound decisions about their insurance. In February 2021 OTC joined Steers Insurance, based in Newfoundland and Labrador, expanding its services to become a fully Atlantic Canadian Insurance Broker.
We are looking for an experienced Personal Lines Manager to assume the daily management responsibility for compliance with agency procedures and operations while delivering superior service to our clients. This individual will also manage Personal Lines employees with responsibility for all their career stages, from hiring and training to promotion or termination.
In addition, our Personal Lines Managers are the face of OTC Insurance Brokers in the community, representing the agency during company functions and community events, while working with community service and business organizations, and while attending educational seminars, meetings, and conferences.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and maintenance of Personal Lines Workflow Procedures and participate in overall agency procedures.
- Educate employees on these procedures, monitor adherence, and provide support
- Continuously update the workflow procedures to reflect changes in computer capabilities, internal changes, changes in business strategy, or changes in carrier procedures.
- Conduct periodic quality control checks of the internal procedures and controls via audit.
- Provide recommendations for improvement, indicate new areas of concern, identify individuals or groups who have demonstrated high quality standards.
- Communicate to agency staff all changes in company programs and products, management, procedures, or rating regarding Personal Lines.
- Act as in-house insurance advisor to all personal lines staff on technical and coverage issues, and agency company relationships.
- Maintain insurance company relationships in a manner conducive to the welfare of the Agency.
- Facilitate cooperative efforts among Personal Lines Staff, both within the department and with Agency staff outside the departments to ensure efficiency and achievement of departmental objectives.
- Participate in professional development and educational seminars as needed to improve management skills, acquire information, keep abreast of industry changes, and maintain compliance with industry standards.
- Complete and carry out marketing plan for Personal Lines Department, setting attainable goals for production, retention, and contingencies. Modify the plan as needed for shifts in marketing initiatives and Agency goals.
- Contact and develop new markets as appropriate for the needs of the agency’s clientele.
- Source and evaluate new programs/service providers to improve existing systems.
- 5 – 10 years insurance industry experience with extensive Personal Lines experience.
- Minimum 2 years management experience is preferred.
- Post-Secondary Education or equivalent work experience.
- CIP, CAIB or CRM designation considered an asset.
- Knowledge of brokerage management services and tools.
- Strong customer focus; understand the needs of the customer (internal and external).
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities while working in a fast-paced environment.
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.