People and Culture Manager, Munn Insurance
Jump Recruitment is currently seeking candidates for the permanent, full-time position of People and Culture Manager for our client, Munn Insurance, based in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Munn Insurance is innovative, progressive, and is experiencing off-the-chart growth. As one of Atlantic Canada’s largest insurance brokers, they are committed to providing exceptional coverage and customer care. Competitive and personalized – they’re not your average broker!
Providing exceptional coverage and customer care requires a team of extraordinary individuals. At Munn Insurance their people are the most valuable asset, they encourage team members to lead and inspire. To help us further promote our healthy, safe, inclusive, engaged, and respectful work environment, Munn Insurance is looking for a People and Culture Manager based out of the St. John’s, NL office. An integral part of the team, you will help drive the strategy and daily People and Culture operations across the Munn Group to promote and ensure a highly engaged workforce. Every day is going to be different, and it will be exciting.
The Munn team is young, creative, and digitally dynamic. They are experiencing industry-leading growth by leveraging leading-edge technology, resulting in off-the-charts new business sales and customer retention at an all-time high. However, they are not new to the business of insurance. Munn Insurance was established in 1949, just before Newfoundland and Labrador joined confederation. They been around a long time and are ready to take on the digital future of insurance.
Our Ideal Candidate
You’re a Human Resources (HR) professional whose knowledge, expertise, and passion help’s drive People and Culture strategies and operations to support Munn Insurance’s Customer First vision. You thrive in a dynamic environment and are adept at building genuine relationships with employees and management alike. You consistently seek ways to enhance and improve People and Culture outcomes by recommending changes in policies, procedures and practices which directly influence the work environment and engagement of employees. In addition, you are a trusted member of our management team who provides guidance and decisions on People and Culture related decisions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Commerce with a concentration in Human Resources, diploma in a Human Resources program, or a combined level of education and experience;
- 5+ years’ experience delivering excellence in human resource management;
- Human Resources designation (i.e., CPHR, IPMA) would be considered an asset;
- Strong leadership, coaching, teamwork, communication, interpersonal, critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills;
- Solid business acumen and knowledge of leading-edge HR practices;
- Well-developed Microsoft Office skills;
- Experience and knowledge of payroll software would be considered an asset.
- The People and Culture Manager is responsible to develop and execute HR strategies
- As a HR generalist, you will have an understanding of recruitment, workforce planning, performance management, training and development
- Work collaboratively with our leadership team to develop our Customer First vision by helping to establish annual growth objectives, enhance strategic industry partnerships and investment in the continued education of our people;
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement and employ it at all levels of the company to strengthen leadership capacity and employee potential;
- Continually assess and provide information on best practices, employment legislation, and the evolving landscape of People and Culture;
- Collaborate with and support management through the performance management processes, including the creation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), skills development initiatives, and the annual review process;
- Lead all aspects of the talent acquisition process, including the development, implementation and evaluation of initiatives for the sourcing, recruitment, selection, onboarding, and retention of talent;
- Support management with employee issues, including individual performance, attendance management, conflict resolution and disciplinary procedures;
- Manage our compensation and benefits program, including acting as the Group Insurance and Group Retirement Plan Administrator;
- Oversee all Occupational Health & Safety Initiatives, ensuring compliance with legislated OH&S and Workers Compensation standards;
- Act as an ambassador for Munn Insurance by always representing and promoting our brand and business in a positive way to our key stakeholders, including customers, prospects, insurance partners, and suppliers;
- Be an active and positive contributor to our fantastic culture, which is focused on teamwork, service excellence, innovation, initiative, community, and fun, which helps make Munn a great place to work, and;
- Of course, assist in other duties as required.
- Paid in-house training and subsidized continuous learning opportunities;
- A hybrid work environment;
- Health and dental coverage, including access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Comprehensive leave program including vacation, sick, and personal days – plus a company-wide holiday break at the end of every calendar year;
- Competitive employee incentive plan;
- An extensive group retirement plan, including a defined contribution pension plan and voluntary RRSP and TFSA options;
- Frequent team-building activities and much more!
For more information, please contact:
Brendan Hagerty | General Manager | email@example.com |
Jump Recruitment | https://www.jumpcareers.ca/
If you have a passion for people, are focused on promoting a positive and engaging culture,
and have the qualifications, apply in confidence today!
At Higher Talent we recognize the value of diversity and are committed to making intentional steps toward building inclusive teams that better reflect the communities Higher Talent and the organizations we serve operate within. We believe that inclusion is not just about making room at the table but about seeking out talent through a diversity lens and letting everyone know that their unique perspectives are important contributions to building stronger workplaces in a changing world.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for our posted positions. We welcome candidates to self-identify or make our recruitment team aware of any potential accommodations they may need during the recruitment process.
This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.