People Advisor, St. John’s, NL
On behalf of our client – Crosbie, Jump Recruitment Specialists is seeking qualified candidates for the position of People Advisor. This is a permanent full-time position located in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Who we are
As a 4th generation family business, Crosbie is a leader in the offshore oil & gas, marine construction, and commercial and residential real estate markets. A growth-oriented company, Crosbie is focused on both its core markets and investing in new and emerging sectors. With its head office located in St. John’s, NL, there are additional locations in the Maritimes, the United States and Guyana. Having been in business for well over a century, Crosbie has continuously adapted to changing industry demands. Safely providing superior client-focused solutions, Crosbie merges world-class expertise with local, deeply held values. Since 2015, Crosbie has been part of Best Managed Companies, Canada’s leading business award program that recognizes excellence by privately-owned Canadian companies, an acknowledgment of the company’s exceptional business performance in a fast-changing world.
The People Advisor is responsible to develop and execute strategies that enhance Crosbie’s relationships with employees, unions, and partners over time. This includes attracting, developing, motivating, and maintaining talent and providing direct support to onshore management and employees. The People Advisor ensures that recruitment practices reflect company values and diversity and inclusion programs, and that the company ensures compliance with legislative requirements, labour agreements and also reflects industry best practices. They will oversee competency and leadership management programs, training and development plans, performance management and variable pay incentive programs, and employee engagement initiatives. They will provide comprehensive and professional People and HR advice and ensure the effective delivery of service to internal clients by ensuring programs, policies, procedures, and job descriptions align with and support Crosbie’s value proposition to its employees.
Essential Role Functions
- Provide HR and People support and guidance to managers and employees
- Oversee the Performance Management process and cycle
- Ensure that Training and Development plans are in place for all employees
- Participate in the development, execution and evaluation of Employee Engagement initiatives
- Full cycle recruitment, including workforce planning
- Benefits administration
- Interpret and apply collective agreements as required
Education and Experience Requirements
- University degree with educational focus on discipline in human resources or labor relations
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation is considered an asset
- 7- 10 years as a human resource generalist or a similar role
- Experience in the oil and gas industry is considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and conflict management skills
- Sound influencing, persuading skills
- Solid consultive, facilitation and presentation skills
- understanding and application of employment legislation, human resources and labour relations best practices
- Highly Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Deep experience in Microsoft Office Suite is an asset,
- Competitive salary + Performance Incentive Plan (PIP)
- RRSP matching plan
- Comprehensive Group Medical and Dental Plan including Health Spending Account
- Got a personal appointment? We understand life doesn’t stop and at Crosbie personal appointment time is provided on an annual basis along with vacation and other personal time off entitlements.
- Annual Wellness Program entitlement
Crosbie is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
If you require this job advertising in an alternate format or require accessibility supports to complete your application, please contact us immediately or contact our community partners at Inclusion NL to access the supports you require. (kathy@inclusionNL.ca or 709-697-3323).
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume to
Brendan Hagerty | General Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca