Dr. Ian J. Henderson & Associates
Optometric Assistant/Technician, St. John’s
Jump Recruitment Specialists have partnered with Dr. Ian J. Henderson & Associates in search of a full-time permanent Optometric Assistant/Technician.
This position is more of a technician role. You will be required to conduct pretest procedures on patients without direct supervision of an Optometrist. Technicians perform tests that make eye appointments more efficient and productive by gathering necessary data before the exams begin. The successful candidate will help to maintain a smooth, steady flow of patients at the clinic.
Who we are
Dr. Ian J. Henderson & Associates first opened its doors in 1990. The clinic offers a modern atmosphere that includes a large spectacle frame dispensary, warm bright open waiting area, advanced diagnostic equipment, three exam rooms and ground floor accessibility. The clinic prides themselves on providing unparallel customer service, in a welcoming and engaging environment for employees and patients alike.
- Perform a variety of pre-exam procedures including Auto Refraction/Keratometry, OCT Scans, Retinal images, Visual Fields, etc. using various computerized diagnostic equipment.
- Greet patients in a friendly and professional manner.
- Schedule appointments, answer and direct phone calls, checking in patients, direct billing to various insurance companies, maintain patient confidentiality, as well as other administrative duties.
- High School Diploma (Physics 1 considered an asset)
- Any previous work-related or educational experience would be considered an asset
- Certified Canadian Optometric Assistant or Ophthalmic Technician certification is an asset. However, CCOA certification will be obtained as part of the position. Training and support will be provided by the team
- Interpersonal Skills/Relationship Building – engaging with patients over the phone and in person and developing relationships with various Insurance provider contacts
- Communication/Technical Skills – communicating in person and over the phone with various contacts including co-workers, patients, insurance providers, suppliers etc. and providing technical support through various pre-exam procedures as listed above
- Organization and Time Management – ability to update and maintain patient files in a timely manner as well as address any ongoing and urgent needs of the clinic
For more information and to apply, please contact:
Rebecca Furey | HR Consultant & Recruiter| firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.