Ocean Choice International
Jump Recruitment is currently seeking highly motivated and experienced candidates for the position of Operations Manager for our client, Ocean Choice International.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Ocean Choice International (Ocean Choice) is one of Atlantic Canada’s most diversified seafood companies, producing and marketing a full range of shellfish, groundfish, and pelagic species. Ocean Choice places high priority on quality and sustainability and takes pride in their people and their communities.
Reporting to the Director of Fleet Operations, the Operations Manager will play a key role in providing operational support for the safe and effective management of vessels within our offshore fleet. This position will support shipboard managers to ensure compliance with various regulations and requirements. The Operations Manager will be largely involved in the development and implementation of management strategies that support safe and efficient operations.
- Support shipboard managers and ensure compliance with all corporate, regulatory and class requirements
- Supervise day-to-day operations with all vessels and perform daily duties to ensure facilities are in safe and working condition
- Ensure production efficiency and quality standards within factory operations
- Assist in budget forecasting and management along with monthly variance reporting
- Develop, implement, and oversee management strategies and communicate operational requirements as needed
- Manage human resources including staffing, hiring, training, and supporting managers
- Must be available to managers and employees to advise and counsel when appropriate
- Respond to requests, inquiries and concerns from employees and ensure due diligence as they relate to policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring that OH&S and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented are maintained
- Act as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change
- Experienced fishing professional coupled with several years experience in safe fishing operations and fishing gear.
- Marine/fishing qualification is considered an asset however, an equivalent combination of experience and qualifications will be considered
- Champion of continuous improvement and are at the leading edge of fishing gear technology
- Strong leadership skills and communication skills
- High aptitude for problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Embodies a safety-first commitment including promoting and encouraging a strong safety culture embraced by everyone
- ISM certification is an asset
- Required to work flexible hours including outside the regular workday including weekends (when required) with occasional travel in and around the Avalon Peninsula
If you are a passionate leader focused on continuous improvement have the qualifications,
and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
For more information, please reach out to:
Krista Tapper, Senior HR Consultant | firstname.lastname@example.org
Higher Talent Inc. | www.highertalent.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.