Website Avalon Laboratories
Avalon Laboratories Inc. is the only private laboratory in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador that is nationally accredited under the Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation (CALA). Their staff has been providing analytical services covering microbiology, toxicology, and water quality across Newfoundland and Labrador for more than twenty years. Their emphasis is on oil & gas, energy, environment, fish / food processing, mining, wastewater, drinking water, and forestry.
Their team members are passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. They are constantly striving to improve and better themselves so that they can better support their clients. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you are probably a great fit for the team!
They are currently seeking candidates for multiple positions of Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technologist.
- A competitive salary;
- An enjoyable, diverse and healthy working environment;
- Health and dental benefits program; and
- A growing, diversified and exciting culture.
Handling and preparing Covid-19 samples for extraction and analysis using automated equipment and specialized instrumentation. Performing numerous tests simultaneously and accurately interpreting / reporting the results. Testing could extend to other complex specimens of immunologic, biologic, bacteriologic, hematologic, and chemical composition.
The technologists will work with infectious specimens. Infection control and sterilization protocols must be followed to minimize these hazards. Successful candidates are to demonstrate a knowledge of effective safely protocols and following procedure.
- Use of PCR Technology to perform molecular assays;
- Preparing and sorting specimens for technical analysis;
- Compiling results and performing data analyses for various laboratory tests;
- Preparing cultures of test samples, if necessary;
- Establishing and monitoring programs that ensure data accuracy;
- Analyzing lab reports for accuracy;
- Delivering test results to the lab supervisor and /or client as required;
- Working alongside or interacting with medical practitioners, physicians, researchers, or patients;
- Preparing reagents and solutions, cleaning, sterilizing lab equipment;
- Document control and completion of quality records and documents; and
- Proper operation and maintenance of equipment and equipment calibrations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Clinical/Medical technology degree from an accredited university or college;
- 5+ years’ experience working in a medical/clinical lab environment;
- Demonstrates initiative and can work independently;
- Experience with implementing and maintaining industry-standard quality systems including ISO and relevant quality practices;
- Registered with the Medical Laboratory Technologists of NL;
- Able to recognize unusual or abnormal results and to initiate appropriate action;
- Able to recognize and trouble shoot problems in molecular assays and in instrument performance;
- Excellent data entry skills;
- Experience with lab information systems;
- Accuracy and precision in performing laboratory procedures;
- Demonstrate attention to detail and emphasize safety/precaution in work practices;
- Great communication skills in written and oral English;
- Maintain strict standards of patient privacy and confidentiality;
- Detailed knowledge of laboratory methods and equipment;
- Knowledge in word processing software, specifically Microsoft Office;
- Ability to learn new and specific testing techniques;
- Time management skills and excellent attention to detail; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, tight deadline environment.
Contact Stephanie Collins, HR Consultant/Recruiter at email@example.com
Our client embraces diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted