Jump Recruitment, on behalf of our client Fer-Pal Infrastructure, is hiring a Heavy Equipment Mechanic Apprentice (421A) in the Greater Toronto Area.
The role is responsible working as part of the team maintaining and repairing all of the machinery used at Fer-Pal.
- Reports to Fleet Maintenance Manager.
- Carry out maintain /repair/ other assignments, including, as required:
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions.
- Adjust / replace/ repair as required.
- Test and ensure successful completion of work.
- Document work performed, report on problems encountered /resolved.
- Comply with legislated and company Health and Safety policies and practices.
- Follow Fer-Pal processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate flexibility in helping the shop team meet its goal.
Capabilities and Experience Required
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic apprentice or technician (421A)
- Must have own tools
- Strong ability to continuously learn to work on new equipment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive and deliver results under pressure.
- Combination of relevant experience and education.
- Ability to work well with and without direct supervision.
- Own transportation, full G license, and have a good driving record.
Fer-Pal Infrastructure is an entrepreneurial leader in watermain rehabilitation services in North America. With a 30-year award-winning history of ensuring clean and safe water for municipalities in Canada and USA, Fer-Pal continues to grow rapidly as a result of our leading-edge team, innovative technology, and customer excellence. Fer-Pal offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefit plan, an RRSP program including company match and opportunities for career growth.
Rebecca Furey, Recruitment Specialist | email@example.com | Jump Recruitment Specialists
Fer-Pal Company Mission:
- FER-PAL would like to create a long term, sustainable, continuously growing, well managed business.
- FER-PAL will remain the predominant player in pipe rehabilitation – now and in the future.
- FER-PAL must create and sustain a culture that prizes safety, family, quality products, workmanship, innovation, high profitability, professionalism, great customer service.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Fer-Pal will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise us in your application.
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.jumpcareers.ca.