Our client, Abell Group of Companies, is currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to join their team. This position can be based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia or St. John’s, Newfoundland.
The ABell Group of Companies is a diversified and dynamic Newfoundland based firm with operations across Atlantic Canada, including St. John’s Coast 101.1 FM Radio, Atlantic Wine and Spirits Limited, Spindrift Brewing Company, Charles R. Bell Limited as well as the industrial service and supply firm, K&D Pratt.
Reporting to the Vice President and COO (K&D Pratt) and the President (Abell Group of Companies), the Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for driving the overall corporate profile, promotion, branding initiatives, advertising, trade shows and other marketing requirements for K&D Pratt and Spindrift Brewing Company.
- Create brand strategies
- Collaborate with sales and management teams to develop strategic partnerships and activities towards the execution of the strategic marketing plan and initiatives
- Accomplish marketing and operational objectives by planning, developing, implementing and evaluating advertising, trade and promotion programs, corporate branding, profiling, print, social and other forms of media, including Trade Show planning and organization. May be required to work with 3rd party agencies to accomplish desired objectives.
- Develop and strengthen media platforms to ensure the most effective messaging and positioning in the market
- Creation of press releases, print ads, publications, advertisements, websites, social media platforms, trade show mediums and other marketing materials as required
- 4+ years of experience in a sales and marketing role.
- The candidate must have the ability to think critically in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines. Time management, self-motivation and an entrepreneurial mindset will be the keys to success in this role as it supports multiple companies.
- The candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills and sales skills.
- Advanced computer skills are an absolute requirement for this position, you will need be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe publishing programs, as well as basic website development.
- In addition, you will be required to use all forms of modern marketing including all social media platforms. Experience with analytic software is necessary.
- Marketing Agency experience is considered an asset.
- Preferences will be given to candidates with a Bachelor of Business Administration or Marketing Diploma/Certificate.
How to Apply
Please apply in confidence to Stephanie Collins, Human Resources Consultant by email at email@example.com
Our client embraces diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org