On behalf of our client – Habitat for Humanity Newfoundland and Labrador (HFHNL), an organization founded on human relationships and who’s work focuses on helping lower-income, working families become homeowners – thus realizing both a safe, secure, and affordable place to live – Jump Recruitment Specialists is currently seeking a Manager of Family Services & Volunteer Engagement. An individual who strives for excellence, demonstrates a sense of patience, understanding, and integrity; all while showing respect in a diverse environment – to join their team in St. John’s, NL.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Manager of Family Services & Volunteer Engagement is responsible for two of HFHNL’s core programs – family services and volunteer management. You will be responsible for overseeing the activities related to our partner families from first contact with the organization to post occupancy. As the Manager, you will be whole heartedly committed to the mission of HFHNL and will represent that mission within the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Family Services Support
- Oversee the family application process including the preparation and processing of applications
- Organize and facilitate information sessions for families interested in the homeownership program, workshops & training modules.
- Ensure core training material is up to date, accurate & effective meets the language and learning needs of our families – based on adult learning principles and feedback from families and staff.
- Promote and publicize HFHN’s homeownership program
- Administering the partnership agreement, and mortgage agreement between Habitat NL and partner families.
- Support the family selection committee by providing information on applications, attending meetings, and collecting additional necessary data. Recruit & train volunteers for family selection committee
- Oversee the sweat equity component of the homeownership program ensuring families understand their requirements, complete the paperwork, and finish their hours in time
- Communicate with Habitat partner families and homeowners over the year, including preparing and sending out the annual mortgage statements and performing the annual income update
- Submit monthly reports to the Executive Director
- Communicate regularly with existing and new partner families
- Support the family partnering committee by helping to recruit and train coaches and ensure that the partnership program is delivered to all families
- Deliver post homeownership questionnaire, evaluating the experience of the family in all aspects of the HFHNL program.
- Coordinate the development of a quarterly family newsletter.
- Assist Habitat for Humanity Canada in the development and delivery of educational workshops to Canadian affiliates
- Working with HFHNL CEO, legal counsel, and Financial Officer, coordinate information required for the Purchase and Sale and mortgage document preparation
- Work with families to ensure they have secured legal review by their own legal counsel
- Monitor incomes and mortgage payments of partner families, and act when delinquency occurs
- Prepare a monthly report on all mortgages in arrears to the CEO and Financial Officer
- Review family income and mortgage payments annually
- Monitor property insurance policies, ensuring HFHNL has a copy of the current policy, with appropriate insurance coverage and HFHNL listed as mortgagee
- Develop and maintain relationships with social and community service agencies by soliciting and conducting presentations to agency staff; establishing strategic partnerships which will expand outreach potential in target areas
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships within the community that will enhance the success of the partner families as they transition into homeowners.
- Working with Habitat NL to develop, update and maintain all Habitat for Humanity NL Family & volunteer outreach materials, handouts, and presentations in-line with our branding.
Events and Media
- Coordinate dedication ceremonies with CEO and families
- Work with CEO to ensure family profile and media opportunities are managed as needed.
Volunteer Program Management
- Manage HFHNL’s volunteer database and ensure that volunteer events are posted and kept up to date
- Track volunteer hours in all departments and maintain volunteer database information in conjunction with managers.
- Develop and manage communication strategies to keep volunteers updated on HFHNL’s schedule and volunteer opportunities
- Recruit new volunteers from different areas of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Develop and implement volunteer training opportunities
- Review volunteer job descriptions and amend as necessary
- Recruit, schedule, and provide orientation for any businesses or other volunteer teams
- Respond to volunteer inquiries
- Annually assess effectiveness of volunteer program through periodic meetings with volunteers and staff
- Manage post-build and annual volunteer recognition plan to recognize and thank volunteers for their contributions
- Build relationships with community organizations, committees and groups that could help with the management and recruitment of volunteers or families
- Support Chapter committee development where applicable for builds in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Attend HFHC Family Service & Volunteer program virtual meetings.
- Other duties as required
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Post-Secondary Education in the Social Sciences is preferred however equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience with credit investigation and financial documentation is an asset
- Strong skills and experience in program management.
- Experience with supporting/supervising volunteers and staff
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of social media
- Excellent communication and networking skills, with proven results
- Ability to think strategically, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work flexible hours – occasional evenings and weekends may be required
- First Aid training is required
- Clear police records check for vulnerable sector
- A valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle may be required
If you are a highly motivated individual, who strives on building lasting relationships that make a tremendous impact and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
For more information, please contact:
Sarah French | Senior Recruiter | email@example.com
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.