On behalf of our client – Newfoundland Eggs, Jump Recruitment Specialists is currently looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to join their team on Roaches Line, Clarkes Beach. This is a “hands-on” position which is relied upon to excel in terms of maintenance and the achievement of results. While this position is Monday to Friday, some evenings and weekend shifts will be required.
Who We Are:
Newfoundland Eggs is a family-owned business that spans four generations. We are a significant contributor to the egg industry in Newfoundland with production reaching over 7 million eggs per month; we pride ourselves on supplying a healthy, local, quality, grade A product at a fair and reasonable price to all Newfoundlanders.
Who You Are:
As Maintenance Mechanic, you strive to maximize facility up time and daily production with your high standards of cleanliness and order. You can climb ladders, and work at heights. You are a responsible, mature team player who has excellent organizational, communication, analytical, time management, and problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Troubleshoot problems on all lines and repair when required, to ensure smooth operation of all equipment
- Perform daily checks on all Egg grading equipment
- Work from schematics, drawing and prints for troubleshooting purposes
- Ensure all facility equipment is properly maintained through good manufacturing practices.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Millwright, Maintenance Mechanic, Electronics Technician, Instrumentation Technician, or Mechanical Technician
- Millwright Certificate or related program considered an asset
- Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with welding, plumbing, electrical, pneumatic and automated packaging equipment
- Knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Competitive Salary
- Paid vacation
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.