On behalf of our client – Peddigrew Wade Law, Jump Recruitment Specialists is currently seeking a highly enthusiastic and energetic Legal Administrative Assistant, who embodies team spirit to join their amazing team in St. John’s, NL.
Who We Are:
Peddigrew Wade Law was established in February 2022 and provides legal services in the areas of corporate and commercial, wills and estates, tax planning, real estate, labour and employment, general litigation, and personal injury. We are a small group who pride ourselves on having a positive and fun workplace environment, where everyone’s input is sought and valued. We work hard, but we recognize the importance of flexibility, teamwork, work-life balance, and family. We are excited for you to join our team and to help shape our growth and development.
Who You Are:
As the Legal Administrative Assistant, you are a highly motivated, detail-oriented person who enjoys working in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment. A confident, self-starter who requires little direction and can work independently but also excels in a team environment. You are creative, you show initiative, you thrive on sharing ideas and learning from others and you are excited to share your knowledge and skills with our team.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Preparing, reviewing, and editing a wide range of legal documents and correspondence
- Managing documents, including creating and maintaining filing systems
- Opening and closing files
- Managing all incoming and outgoing mail, e-mail, faxes, and phone calls
- Establishing and maintaining a current calendar of events and a deadline reminder system
- Coordinating and assisting in transaction work files, including corporate and real estate transactions
- Assisting in the preparation of closing documents, transaction record books and reporting to clients and other stakeholders
- Reviewing and maintaining minute books, including cataloguing and inputting of data
- Acting as a liaison between the firm and clients
- Utilizing firm practice management software to generate reports, invoices, and other firm management documentation
- Basic bookkeeping tasks to accurately record firm income, expenses, disbursements, etc.
- Ensuring confidentiality in all aspects of the position duties
- Other related administrative duties as assigned
- Previous experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal
- Certificate or Diploma in legal studies / paralegal studies is preferred
- Experience in corporate transactions and/or real estate transactions is preferred
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Exceptional technology skills, with proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office and legal billing systems.
- Experience in drafting and formatting letters and other documents
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion when necessary
- Competitive Salary (commensurate with qualifications)
- 100% Employer-paid Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP matching
- Health spending account
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Plus, more!
If you are a passionate and energetic self-starter with a keen attention to detail – have the qualifications and are prepared to bring your “A” game, apply today!
For more information, please reach out to:
Sarah French, Senior Recruiter | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.