Avalon Laboratories Inc. is the only full-service laboratory in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador that is nationally accredited under the Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation (CALA). Their staff has been providing analytical services covering microbiology, toxicology, and water quality across Newfoundland and Labrador for more than twenty years. The company recently began offering private testing for COVID-19.
They are seeking a Laboratory Data Analyst to join their team!
- A competitive salary;
- An enjoyable, diverse and healthy working environment;
- Health and dental benefits program; and
- A growing, diversified and exciting culture.
- Responsible for the analysis and interpretation of laboratory data and preparation of analytical reports;
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns from data sources;
- Monitor analytics and provide data insights to help inform the team;
- Collect data across various channels and data sources;
- Collaborate with IT and key stakeholders to propose solutions and strategies to business challenges regarding data reporting;
- Create and/or review all appropriate data management documents;
- Review work for accuracy and completeness;
- Assist in the Laboratory, as required;
- Follow documented testing procedures and SOPs for the various labs;
- Participate in the strict maintenance of the QA/QC program; and
- Perform other duties as directed by the Laboratory Supervisor and Team Leads.
- Proven working experience in a laboratory setting;
- Ability to interpret laboratory data (Microbiology, Toxicology and Water Quality);
- Familiarity with laboratory procedures and testing;
- Relevant post-secondary education;
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills;
- Experience working with Laboratory Information Systems (LIMS);
- Very strong attention to detail; and
- Excellent communication skills.
Contact Stephanie Collins, HR Consultant/Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client embraces diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.