Jump Recruitment has partnered with Horizon Maritime as they are currently seeking an IT Administrator to join their growing team. Established in 2015, Horizon Maritime has quickly become a leader in the maritime industry offering a variety of services to its clients including: offshore supply vessel and inshore/tug services, marine crewing, vessel management and logistics support. This role will be primarily based in St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador, however, the successful incumbent must be willing to travel to and remotely support our other office and vessel locations within Canada to provide IT services.
Reporting to the VP of Safety & Compliance, the IT Administrator is responsible for maintaining network and IT systems for Horizon Maritime and its group of companies and for providing IT system support services across the organization. Specifically, the role will include implementing and managing the MDM (mobile device management) system; implementing actions towards progress of the IT Roadmap; identifying hazards and risks associated with cyber security and providing controls to eliminate the hazards and reduce risks to ALARP; creating an annual IT budget based on projected needs; supporting desktop applications onshore and offshore including all versions of MS Office, CAD related applications, etc (in both a PC and Apple environment); procurement and management of mobile phones and computers; managing emails and email/website domains; primary helpdesk contact providing first hand support; ensuring back up of key information and testing recovery; TM Master IT admin super-user; assisting process owners with IT related issues for web-based applications such as Adonis, the Horizon Academy, etc.; completing any other duties as assigned, including on-call after hours support as required.
Required Knowledge, Education, Skills & Experience
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years of progressive experience in IT supporting business operations.
- Experienced and proficient in PC and cloud computing environments, including Office 365.
- Experience with managing IT Cyber Security.
- Proficient in Mac products
- Experience developing and deploying IT policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of networking, operating systems and server architectures required.
- Must be organized with the ability to prioritize multiple work tasks and projects to meet deadlines
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and interpersonal skills required. Ability to communicate complex technical information to end users in a way that is easily understood
- Ability to work as a team, and individually required.
- Experience in marine and/or vessel operations considered an asset.
- Ability to provide IT services remotely and travel to different locations.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours.
Brendan Hagerty | General Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.