Terra Nova Old Port Foods Inc. (TNOPF)
Inside Sales Representative – Terra Nova Old Port Foods Inc (TNOPF)
On behalf of our client – Terra Nova Old Port Foods Inc. (TNOPF), Jump Recruitment Specialists is looking for an Inside Sales Representative to join their team.
Who We Are
TNOPF is a St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador based producer of premium protein products under its “Old Port Premium Foods” brand, and a distributor and wholesaler of fresh and frozen proteins and other food products to the Newfoundland and Labrador retail and food service markets. TNOPF is also licensed by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) to distribute and is developing a market for its Old Port Premium Foods products across Canada.
Who You Are
As an Inside Sales Representative, you support operational and financial goals by generating profitable business within a defined portfolio of customers, including existing and prospective customers. You are committed to understanding customer’s needs and identifying opportunities, thereby providing the exceptional level of service and innovative solutions that differentiate TNOPF in the marketplace. You have exceptional communication, customer service, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational, and sales/negotiation skills. You can handle multiple priorities in a flexible work environment, including after hours, and Sundays and holidays as required.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Maintain, develop, and expand a profitable sales portfolio by identifying customer needs/opportunities, promoting sales, and providing a high level of customer service to existing and new customers
- Conduct prospecting and follow-up to secure profitable new business opportunities
- Maintain or exceed sales targets, and contact all accounts on the assigned portfolio of customers and sales channels
- Promote company products and services as points of differentiation
- Participate in business reviews, food shows or other marketing initiatives, if and as required.
- Build strong relationships and partnerships with internal and external customers to develop loyalty, and leverage sales effectiveness
- Provide ongoing support to all applicable customers, and resolve any customer concerns, in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively, and on a regular basis with customers and prospects within designated sales categories
- Build and maintain new and existing customer accounts and relationships
- Provide customers with detailed product and pricing information
- Assist with special customer orders
- Arrange with customer the most effective manner to provide product samples if needed, take orders, and upsell products and services
- Generate leads through cold calling/contacting, networking, and industry research
- Analyze customer sales history and current conditions to determine if there are any unrealized sales opportunities
- Adapt information, training, etc., to customer needs
- Participate in Trade Shows (virtual or in-person)
- Provide support in collection of payment and outstanding accounts receivable
- Assist and support the Outside Sales team with customer orders, logistics, credits, and general customer account administrative duties
- Other related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 1-3 years inside sales experience
- Experience in the food, restaurant or grocery industry preferred
- Experience managing customer expectations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to maintain composure in a variety of challenging circumstances
- Able to respond respectfully to customer inquiries, complaints, or any other feedback
- Ensure adherence to Company Values and Policy
- General computer acumen (Microsoft Suite – email, word, excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of Syspro would be advantageous
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation
- Group insurance
- Pension contribution
Contact Sarah French at email@example.com
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.