Jump Recruitment, on behalf of our client, WorkplaceNL, is seeking an Industrial Hygienist to join their team in St. John’s. This is a temporary, full time position (until December 31, 2023).
At WorkplaceNL, we work with employers, stakeholders, and our community partners to provide occupational health and safety education and help prevent workplace injuries and illnesses in Newfoundland and Labrador. We also provide compensation and support to injured workers and their employers during their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work.
The Industrial Hygienist is responsible for identifying, evaluating and recommending control measures regarding occupational health and hygiene concerns in the workplace. Through a process of consultations and assessments with employers, the Industrial Hygienist will assist the employer in meeting compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations. This compliance is intended to facilitate the use of safe work practices with the objective of preventing occupational illness and minimizing occupational exposures in Newfoundland and Labrador workplaces.
We think you will thrive in this position if the following describes you (experience and an educational equivalency will be considered):
- University Science degree in an appropriate discipline (Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, etc.) supplemented by a diploma or Master’s degree in Occupational Health.
- One year related industrial hygiene experience.
- Certification as Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
- A valid driver’s license is required as this position is considered a field position with extensive travel requirements.
We strive to offer our employees a respectful and engaging workplace that provides meaningful work, competitive benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, flexible work arrangements and work-life balance.
- Competition Number: 22 35 03
- Position Status: Bargaining (NAPE)
- Salary Scale: $75,314 – $83,091 (634 Hay Points)
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about WorkplaceNL, please visit www.workplacenl.ca.