Human Resources Coordinator – St. John’s, NL
Jump Recruitment Specialists has partnered with Hunt’s Logistics in search of a full-time permanent Human Resources Coordinator for their St. John’s location.
The successful candidate would be responsible for performing duties in the functional areas of benefit administration, employee relations, recruitment, onboarding, policy implementation and government/industry compliance.
Who we are
For over 30 years, Hunt’s Logistics has established itself as a trusted industry leader, providing personalized service in transportation and project management; road, rail, marine and air transport services throughout North America and Internationally, and specializing in warehousing, supply chain and logistics management.
Based in St. John’s with a terminal branch in Cambridge, ON, Hunt’s employs a local and long-haul fleet of drivers along with office staff in both locations.
- Perform HR-related duties in the functional areas of benefit administration, employee relations, recruitment, onboarding, policy implementation and government/industry compliance, including work in workplace injury claim resolution/return to work and interpreting and using federal labour standards.
- Execute various administrative and operational duties relating to the overall efficient functioning of the office and general business operations.
- Recruitment/Retention – specifically, hire and onboard drivers as needed to complement the operational needs and customer demands both in Newfoundland and Ontario. Strive to meet the goal of 100% truck occupancy.
- Liaise directly with external organizations on behalf of the company, including WSIB, Workplace NL, and the Labour Board.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits system; maintain group insurance.
- Act as first point of contact for employees for all HR related concerns. Follow appropriate policies and procedures in responding to and resolving these concerns as per company policy and Labour Board guidelines.
- Previous experience in a HR Coordinator role; including specific experience with benefits administration, payroll knowledge and recruitment/retention.
- Must have direct experience with workplace injury claim resolution and return to work programs.
- Must have direct experience and knowledge in Federal Labour Standards
- Degree or equivalent in HR Management or Business Administration considered an asset.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite including excel, word, outlook.
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to self-prioritize while working with a variety of tasks and deadlines.
- Strong skills in written communication, specifically pertaining to policy creation and the compilation of disciplinary action letters and notices.
- Willingness to take on new tasks/responsibilities as assigned.
For more information and to apply, please contact:
Rebecca Furey | HR Consultant & Recruiter| firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.