Health, Safety, and Environmental Coordinator, St. John’s, NL
On behalf of our client – Crosbie, Jump Recruitment Specialists is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Health, Safety, and Environmental Coordinator . This is a permanent full-time position located in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Who we are
As a 4th generation family business, Crosbie is a leader in the offshore oil & gas, marine construction, and commercial and residential real estate markets. A growth-oriented company, Crosbie is focused on both its core markets and investing in new and emerging sectors. With its head office located in St. John’s, NL, there are additional locations in the Maritimes, the United States and Guyana. Having been in business for well over a century, Crosbie has continuously adapted to changing industry demands. Safely providing superior client-focused solutions, Crosbie merges world-class expertise with local, deeply held values. Since 2015, Crosbie has been part of Best Managed Companies, Canada’s leading business award program that recognizes excellence by privately-owned Canadian companies, an acknowledgment of the company’s exceptional business performance in a fast-changing world.
The Health, Safety, and Environmental Coordinator is responsible for management, maintenance, and driving continuous improvement of the HSE management system. This role is primarily responsible for promoting all aspects of HSE throughout the Company, liaising with clients, providing support to all departments as well as ensuring compliance to regulatory, corporate, and customer requirements and furthering our safety culture.
Essential Role Functions
- Liaise with internal/external clients, assist with determination of HSE needs, and ensure customer satisfaction
- Conduct site visits to liaise with clients, participate in safety initiatives, and ensure consistent messages between the Company and employees
- Oversight of Case Management programs
- Facilitate and manage continued development of HSE management systems
- Monitor and analyze KPI’s, corrective/preventive actions and benchmark to identify/implement best practices in health, safety, environmental, and quality assurance
- Lead internal/external audits and inspection programs and prepare reports as required
- Lead the development and implementation of emergency response plans and procedures, including drills and exercises.
- Facilitate health and safety related activities (e.g. risk assessments/process hazard analysis, development and review of job safety assessments (JSA’s), etc.)
- Provide subject matter expertise/raise HSE awareness amongst clients, management, and employees to ensure continuous improvement
- Support operations to ensure compliance and conformance to all obligations and requirements
- Develop and implement HSE programs/initiatives including training programs
- Perform timely and accurate accident/incident investigations (root cause analysis), and preventive/corrective action planning
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary education in occupational health and safety or quality assurance
- Post-secondary education in a technical program is considered an asset
- Canadian registered safety professional (CRSP) designation
- Lead Auditor Certification
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a safety leadership role, preferably in an industrial setting
- 1-3 years’ experience with internal/external safety and/or quality assurance auditing
- Ability to travel offshore and to industrial environments
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in collaborating and working effectively in a team environment and developing relationships
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in providing presentations
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational abilities
- Competitive salary + Performance Incentive Plan (PIP)
- RRSP matching plan
- Comprehensive Group Medical and Dental Plan including Health Spending Account
- Got a personal appointment? We understand life doesn’t stop and at Crosbie personal appointment time is provided on an annual basis along with vacation and other personal time off entitlements.
- Annual Wellness Program entitlement
Crosbie is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
If you require this job advertising in an alternate format or require accessibility supports to complete your application, please contact us immediately or contact our community partners at Inclusion NL to access the supports you require. (kathy@inclusionNL.ca or 709-697-3323).
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume to
Brendan Hagerty | General Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
At Higher Talent we recognize the value of diversity and are committed to making intentional steps toward building inclusive teams that better reflect the communities Higher Talent and the organizations we serve operate within. We believe that inclusion is not just about making room at the table but about seeking out talent through a diversity lens and letting everyone know that their unique perspectives are important contributions to building stronger workplaces in a changing world.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for our posted positions. We welcome candidates to self-identify or make our recruitment team aware of any potential accommodations they may need during the recruitment process.
This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.