|Built on providing high end, high quality products with knowledgeable and friendly customer service, our Client, Owner / Operator of a very successful boutique retail operation in a well established and high traffic retail location in St. John’s Newfoundland, is seeking a General Manager.
With a dynamic and independent personality and an entrepreneurial spirit, the ideal candidate has experience managing a small business, ideally within the retail sector. They are creative and innovative. They are a well-rounded business leader, having knowledge in marketing, financial management, human resources and operations and bring those skills to the day to day and strategic management of the business.
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities and provide support to staff
- Develop & implement strategies to achieve revenue targets
- Develop and maintain key business relationships including suppliers
- Preform HR functions for the business, scheduling, hiring etc.
- Stay up to date and knowledgeable on industry products and complete effective order; Manage inventory
- Provide business leadership and support to HR functions, financials & overall operations
- Provide leadership that inspires total commitment to objectives through performance based coaching recognition and rewards
- Ensure brand image and performance is in line with company culture and values
- Relevant business management experience; Experience in a retail or sales and service capacity is a strong asset
- Ability to work autonomously with a strong work ethic and independence
- Open and willing to learn new ideas
- Proven leadership ability to attract, develop, ad retain talent and build a team environment
- Creative and innovative idea generator
- A passion for leading and managing change for purposes of continuous improvement across all aspects of the business
- Strong financial and business acumen and the ability to drive revenue and profitability whilst managing expenses
- Post-Secondary education in Business or related field is considered an asset
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Effective problem solving and decision-making abilities, with the ability to multi-task
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- An equivalent combination of work experience and education will be considered
This company offers a competitive compensation package, including profit sharing and benefits. If you are excited by this fantastic opportunity, please apply online.
Michelle Flynn| Senior Recruiter/ HR Consultant |email@example.com
Jump Recruitment Specialists| www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
ONLY CANDIDATES LEGALLY ENTITLED TO WORK IN CANADA NEED APPLY.