General Manager, St. John’s
Jump Recruitment Specialists has partnered with Jungle Jims in search of a full-time permanent General Manager for their downtown location.
This position is exciting! With a chance to grow and manage various locations! The successful candidate will be outgoing and enjoy the challenges and hustle of summer months when tourists and residents alike flock the patios! Be part of the scene! Take in the music, laughter and be part of the Jungle team!
Who we are
Jungle Jims opened its doors in 1991, as a casual restaurant concept where Guests could feel just as much at home whether with family, friends or business associates. In the Jungle, Guest Service is not a priority, it’s a passion! We need you to lead the team and foster that passion through your leadership, engagement and commitment!
- Make Guests Happy, Make Team Members Happy & Chief Restaurant Host
- As Chief Host, personally greet all guests during their visit
- Maintain operations and performance in the Dining Room, Kitchen and Bar and respond promptly to any issues, as required
- Recruitment and training of team members as per Jungle Jim’s online training
- Conduct performance management of team members
- Implement new menus, products and promotions as set out by Jungle Jim’s Head Office. Ensuring yourself and all team members are familiar with new menus and cocktails
- Sanitation of the restaurant, including exterior, front-of-house and kitchen
- Perform basic maintenance around the restaurant
- Engage in neighbourhood and community involvement
- Conduct financial management activities
- 5 or more years of experience as a Restaurant General Manager
- Must be proficient with computers and adept at learning internal restaurant management software
- Strong leadership, communication, mentorship/engagement, and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Drive to take on the challenging but fun peak of season (Summer – July, August)
- Ability to maintain a schedule tied to peak hours of business, including evenings and weekends. Suggested schedule is Monday to Friday days, Wednesday night, Friday or Saturday night, and Special Occasions e.g. New Year’s Eve, Mother’s/Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day. Restaurant Leader must be present for Monday costing
For more information and to apply, please contact:
Rebecca Furey | HR Consultant & Recruiter| email@example.com
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.