Our client, Mary Browns Inc, is currently recruiting for a full-time General Manager in, St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador. Mary Brown’s Chicken is the largest Canadian quick-serve chicken restaurant and one of Canada’s fastest-growing QSRs. The brand was founded in St. John’s, N.L. in 1969 and today has over 200 locations across Canada and growing. The brand is 100 per cent Canadian-owned and operated. Mary Brown’s has been awarded one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2019, 2020, and 2021.
The ideal candidate for the position will need to be highly motivated, detail oriented and enjoy working in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment. You will require little direction and have the ability to work independently and has a flare for marketing and a entrepreneurial mindset. You’re a natural at client engagement and possesses exceptional work ethic.
The General Manager will take ownership of the restaurant that they lead, from food safety standards, managing your team and driving sales. They will ensure that all regulations, policies, and procedures are adhered to in the store. They will be responsible with overseeing the daily operations and will also be responsible for developing coaching the store team to truly be a part of the community we serve!
- Delivering genuine hospitality and exceptional guest experience
- Managing restaurant P&L and delivering on financial expectations/budget
- Be a leader in the community building and driving community devotion
- Leading the team to deliver on Mary Brown’s Vision
- Directing restaurant operations on a day to day basis
- Ensuring that all team members have the proper training and mentoring to deliver high standards
- Providing timely reports directly to Home Office
- Ensuring all government regulations and procedures are being adhered to
- Responsible for recruitment orientation, training, scheduling and coaching your staff for employee development and employee engagement.
- Ensure all Mary Brown’s operational and administrative procedures and standards are adhered to
- Any other duties as required
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of a college diploma, preferably in hospitality management or culinary management.
- Current Food Handling Certificate is mandatory.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a management role in the QSR or fast casual industry.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Well-spoken with a strong command of the English Language. Possesses good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to professionally communicate and to problem solve amid a difficult situation.
- Must be organized, pro-active and a self-starter.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Possesses an overwhelming sense for “Exceptional Customer Service” and commitment to quality service
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified in recognized Safe Food Handling program preferred
- First Aid & WHMIS certificate preferred
- Comprehensive Extended Health Benefits Package with life insurance
- Eligibility to participate in our retirement savings plan
- Career Advancement Opportunities with a company that is growing rapidly nationally
- Competitive wage
- Paid Vacation
Attitude and Professionalism
- Actively participates in positive and constructive communication
- A team player, who provides support to colleagues and has a hands-on approach
- Conducts themselves in a solutions-based approach, solving problems collectively and reporting any concerns at an appropriate time to your manager
- Follows all policy and does not engage in any actions that may be perceived as conflicting with company policy regarding bullying, harassment, discrimination, and/or violence
- Does not engage in gossiping or spread disparaging remarks.
Occupational health & safety requirements
All supervisors and managers are directly responsible for ensuring the health and safety of workers under their supervision. They must ensure that workers are operating in a manner as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations in addition to company health and safety policies and procedures. Supervisors must inform all workers of the existence of any potential or actual risk to the health or safety of the worker of which the supervisor is aware, and must provide direction and instruction, in writing where prescribed, for safe measures to be taken during the course of their work.
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.