Marbase is a fully-integrated aquaculture service hub in Marystown, Newfoundland and Labrador, that provides comprehensive services offerings to the aquaculture industry in the Atlantic region.
Marbase brings together key suppliers to enhance the industry’s supply chain efficiency, enable access to key resources, improve advanced technology transfer, and move Canada’s aquaculture production towards a more modern, sustainable and efficient future.
They are seeking an industry leading General Manager for the Marbase integrated aquaculture service hub located at the former Marystown Shipyard Facility in Marystown, Newfoundland and Labrador.
As the General Manager you will be managing the facility, it’s infrastructure and the human resources required for providing quality services to the aquaculture industry.
The position is responsible for overseeing the facilitation of upgrades and maintenance to infrastructure within approved timelines and budgets, providing credible recommendations on production/process improvements to support efficient and safe service delivery, and working with customer development and specialized contractor support.
In addition, the position will require the General Manager to be highly knowledgeable in both theory and practice of required QHS&E procedures and legislation.
The candidacy for this position will be highly competitive and only candidates that meet the position criteria below will be contacted.
We encourage all candidates to apply for the position that meet the following criteria:
- Have a history of successfully managing in the following industries: heavy industrial, aquaculture, ship repair and/or heavy construction
- Management experience in both union and non-unionized environments
- Experience in infrastructure management
- A thorough understanding of QHS&E procedures and legislation
- Experience with process improvement practices
- Committed to working in Marystown, Newfoundland and Labrador
- A secondary education in Business, Engineering or Technology
Our client embraces diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.