Bella’s Casual Dining, Quality Hotel Clarenville
Our client, Bella’s Casual Dining, Quality Hotel Clarenville, has an immediate opening for a first Cook position.
WHO WE ARE:
When you visit the Quality Hotel Clarenville, the family environment really permeates throughout each property. Many of our staff have been with us a long time and we think it really sets us apart from other hotels. The hotel is consistently recognized with a Platinum Award by Choice Hotels Canada making us one of the top hotels in their system.
We have a group of industrious people here that have the ‘disease to please’ and their values are closely aligned with ours, as far as family goes. Values like putting people and our customers and communities very much in the forefront. We just love the people in this business.
As Newfoundlanders, we are really connected to people, and it is important to us to make those connections. That is really our passion for this business.
As a First Cook, you will familiarize yourself with our menu, our style of service, and our ever growing base of clients. You are encouraged to embrace your own creativity for specials both at lunch and dinner service. An excellent meal is a significant part of the hotel experience and we have built a solid reputation as a great place to dine for both guests and locals alike.
- To place food orders in accordance with guidelines for product quality and freshness.
- To receive, store and rotate fresh, frozen, canned, and dry food products to ensure freshness and minimize spoilage.
- To participate in advance processing and preparation of food products in accordance with guidelines, checklists, and the day-to-day needs of the business
- To prepare restaurant food orders in a timely and efficient manner
- To participate in preparation of banquet food in accordance with recipes and function contracts
- To contribute ideas and recipes for new menu items and/or specials
- To maintain a sanitary environment for all workstations, coolers, freezers and storage areas
- To clean and maintain all kitchen appliances during and at the end of each shift.
- To utilize all available working time in advance processing and preparation of food products or maintaining the highest possible standards of sanitation and cleanliness
- Support and train Second Cooks as required.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Requirements and Expectations:
- Successful completion of a commercial cooking program or equivalent work experience.
- Required to complete a food sanitation and handling course.
- Comply with all sanitation policies and procedures.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Must be able to lift heavy items and store food orders upon arrival to the hotel kitchen.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision while meeting high performance standards.
- Must be available to work any scheduled shifts, including nights and weekends.
Brendan Hagerty| email@example.com
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
At Jump Recruitment we recognize the value of diversity and are committed to making intentional steps toward building inclusive teams that better reflect the communities Jump Recruitment and the organizations we serve operate within. We believe that inclusion is not just about making room at the table but about seeking out talent through a diversity lens and letting everyone know that their unique perspectives are important contributions to building stronger workplaces in a changing world.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for our posted positions. We welcome candidates to self-identify or make our recruitment team aware of any potential accommodations they may need during the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.