Jump Recruitment Client
Our client, a highly successful Newfoundland and Labrador owned group of companies, is seeking an experienced, professional and positive Executive Assistant to join their growing team based in St. John’s, NL. This full-time role will provide direct support to the CEO and CFO.
The ideal candidate takes initiative to proactively and promptly deal with changing priorities and demands,
is career driven, highly self-motivated, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Provide general daily administrative support as follows:
- Document management – scanning, photocopying, printing & filing
- Drafting, editing and sending emails, letters, correspondence and reports
- Calendar and appointment management
- Making travel arrangements and preparing expense reports
- Coordinating all incoming and outgoing mail, deliveries and couriers
- Bookkeeping, bank and credit card reconciliations, QuickBooks entries, cheque printing and general accounting duties for several companies
- Plans, creates, posts and responds to social media activity and plans, creates and updates websites;
- Prepare reports, PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets and meeting minutes and materials
- Organize, create and distribute materials well in advance of Board meetings, management meetings, conferences, etc.
- Organize and manage all corporate records and filings for several companies
- Maintain and upkeep of internal office environment and equipment including office and kitchen supplies
- Greet office guests and coordinate catering and refreshments for meetings
- Plan and attend events, trade shows, etc.
- Provide support to other staff as needed
- Other duties and ad-hoc requests will form a large part of the responsibilities associated with this role
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role supporting senior executives
- Post-secondary education in Office Administration or another relevant field considered a strong asset
- General accounting and bookkeeping knowledge
- Detailed oriented with acute attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency
- Must be a team player in a small office environment and a willingness to always pitch in to help
- Excellent grammatical skills for creating written correspondence
- Strong oral communication skills
- Discrete and comfortable working with highly confidential information
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Highly motivated to take initiative and anticipate executives’ needs
- Willingness to be flexible and juggle multiple deadlines simultaneously, multitask and prioritize
- Entrepreneurial, results driven mind-set
This company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited by the opportunity to work for a highly successful and growing company, please apply in confidence online at https://www.jumpcareers.ca/bullhorn/#/jobs/694.
Michelle Flynn| Senior Recruiter/ HR Consultant
Jump Recruitment Specialists| www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
ONLY CANDIDATES LEGALLY ENTITLED TO WORK IN CANADA NEED APPLY.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.