On behalf of our client – World Energy GH2, Jump Recruitment Specialists is currently seeking an experienced Director of Safety, Security and Compliance – who is eager to meet the goals and legal obligations of our growing team on the West Coast of Newfoundland and Labrador; along with harnessing Newfoundland and Labrador’s wind energy and developing the fuel of the future team.
Who We Are:
World Energy GH2, an affiliate of World Energy, will harness Newfoundland and Labrador’s wind energy to develop the fuel of the future. World Energy GH2’s Project Nujio’qonik aims to be Canada’s first commercial green hydrogen/ammonia producer created from 3+ Gigawatts of wind energy in one of the world’s best wind resource regions.
As World Energy GH2 focuses on completing environmental studies, advancing this new industry in Atlantic Canada, and contributing to climate change mitigation on a large scale, an outstanding team is required to support and develop this innovative project.
About Project Nujio’qonik
The Mi’kmaw name for Bay St. George is Nujio’qonik. Pronounced ‘new-geo-ho-neek,’ it means ‘where the sand blows.’
Project Nujio’qonik is a consortium of Canadian partners with strong local expertise. The partnership is investigating the feasibility of the construction and operation of cost-effective green hydrogen/ammonia from wind power on the west coast of the island of Newfoundland, in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. The team has conducted initial technical surveys, feasibility studies, and permit applications, and is engaging with stakeholders in the proposed project areas.
Who You Are:
Reporting to the Managing Director & CEO, and based on the West Coast of Newfoundland, the Director of Safety, Security and Compliance will be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of all health, safety, environmental and security programs for the company. You will work closely with the safety committee and team to ensure all safety protocols are up to date and addressed – creating new policies where applicable. This role is very hands-on and oversees all activities of the safety department while providing leadership and guidance to all safety, security and compliance employees.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Plan, develop, implement, coordinate, evaluate and update all safety policies, procedures and programs
- Oversee and provide direction to a team of safety and compliance individuals
- Develop annual health and safety initiatives
- Monitor and ensure all health and safety is in line with legislation policies
- Document and retain all safety, security and compliance related records
- Provide all senior management with updates on safety, security and compliance performance
- Plan and engage in all quarterly and annual review meetings
- Investigate all safety and security incidents thoroughly and effectively, and action all follow-up communication
- Assist the HR department in case management of any/all occupational injuries
- Assist with all tenders, bids and quotes, including review of safety, security and compliance requirements in all contracts
- Prepare and manage a safety, security and compliance budget
- University degree preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience with health and safety management
- CRSP designation required
- Relevant community engagement experience
- Proven knowledge and understanding of health and safety management, along with all regulations/legislation
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and achieve results
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Effective oral and written communication skills, to help meet deadlines
- Strong presentation skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Energized by accomplishing goals
- Proactive, highly motivated, and effective under pressure
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
If you are an enthusiastic individual who has a passion for green energy, have the qualifications, and are prepared to meet the challenges as outlined, apply in strictest confidence today!
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.