Jump Recruitment Client
Our client Terra Nova Old Port Foods Inc. is seeking a Director of Field & Inside Sales to join their team based in St John’s, NL, to be responsible for leading business development and sales for in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador and to work in collaboration with the Company’s existing Director, Key Accounts & Sales.
About Terra Nova Old Port Foods Inc.
Terra Nova Old Port Foods is the primary wholesale distributor of high-quality protein products to the grocery and food service sectors in Newfoundland & Labrador. The Company manufactures the province’s leading line of cured products through the Old Port Brand. Terra Nova Old Port Foods is proud to partner with many of North America’s leading food suppliers, to provide a wide variety of fill in products to the national and independent grocery sector and other broad line retailers and is a major supplier to the food service industry. The Company operates out of a 20,000 square food state of the art facility with large freezer capacity, stocking a ‘peace of mind’ inventory to be able to respond to its customer needs on a timely basis.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the chief operating officer and/or the chief executive officer and working collaboratively with the Director of Key Accounts & Sales, you will oversee the NL based food-service and independent retail sales team (Inside/Outside) and lead all strategic business development initiatives for that group. The Director of sales will work closely with the leadership team, including the Vice President Operations, Production, Procurement on strategies to expand the current business portfolio and bring innovation to their approach. As a strong mentor and coach, you will champion the continuous development of a skilled sales team. Proven experience leading a high performing sales team focusing on new business development and strategic account growth will provide the Director of sales the right balance of skills to be well positioned in an ever-changing competitive landscape. By using evidence-based sales methodologies and analytics, the Director of sales thrives on getting into the numbers and will be responsible for rapid growth within the assigned territory. As the sales leader you will also be responsible to build substantially on the excellence of an already well-established reputation.
As the ideal candidate, you possess a bachelor’s degree in business or related field plus 5+ years of experience in a sales leadership position. With a track record of success, strong business acumen and an unwavering commitment to excellence, you possess the ability to inspire and motivate a team of professionals to work toward a common goal. Demonstrated experience in managing people through material change is essential. Both top and bottom line driven, you have demonstrated excellent results in leading profitable sales growth, and you can bring a sales team to the next level with a hands-on approach. You deliver results and outstanding customer service. Having a strong understanding and experience with using data to drive strategy, competitive insights and business you will keenly focus your team on new business development and growth with existing and new customers alike. This is an opportunity with considerable potential for further growth.
- Plans, directs and coordinates the efforts of the sales organization toward the accomplishment of business objectives, as well as obtain maximum sales volume and develop future business from all markets for the company’s products and services
- Develops objectives, policies and programs for sales activities
- Recommends product modifications and/or improvements and new product introductions based on needs feedback from customers
- Establishes and maintains executive level contacts with existing and potential key customers
- Oversees and drives the adoption of sales technology, including customer relationship management (CRM) tools
- Establishes, assigns and continuously measures objectives for his/her Direct Reports
- Develops cost center budgets and monitors performance against budget
- Is able to travel as required
- Understands and lives by the company’s ethic and business conduct policies
- Accountable for achievement of quarterly and annual top line and bottom line outcomes
- Relevant product and industry knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experienced user of s/w applications, such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
This company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited by the opportunity to work for a highly successful company, please apply online.
Michelle Flynn| Senior Recruiter/ HR Consultant
Jump Recruitment Specialists| www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
ONLY CANDIDATES LEGALLY ENTITLED TO WORK IN CANADA NEED APPLY.