This is a rare opportunity to join the leadership level of a rapidly scaling company within the Newfoundland Tech Sector. The ideal candidate has a passion for strategic growth, scaling a business and all the benefits and challenges that go along with it!
Integrity. Teamwork. A passion for Technology.
Our client, ClearRisk™, is in search of an exceptional Director, Finance and Administration. They are in business to optimize the risk of their customers. They keep people from harm and help their customers be more successful. Their cloud-based claims and risk management solutions provide customers with a suite of tools and insights built for industries such as municipalities, utilities, real estate managers, oil & gas companies, retailers and more. Implemented in over 150 organizations across North America, ClearRisk’s solutions lower insurance and risk management costs while giving meaningful data insights that drive business growth.
Who you are:
- An excellent problem-solver with keen attention to detail;
- A trusted advisor to the CEO and a key part of the Leadership Team and are eager to build your knowledge and grow your career in one of NL’s fastest growing tech companies;
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit;
- A passion for making an impact through financial strategy; and
- You’re a leader!
Why you want to work for ClearRisk:
- They’re growing, that means you’ll grow!
- They have an awesome office space with a flexible work environment;
- They offer a culture of openness and idea generation;
- They pride themselves on their transparency and keeping it real;
- From the most senior to the newest team member, they provide open access to decision makers and career building work;
- They prioritize diversity, inclusion, and community building; and
- They’re super fun – Team lunches every Friday!
- They have a competitive compensation package.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a small but growing accounts/finance team;
- Oversee all financial related matters including, development and implementation of accounting procedures and policies;
- Create financial plans and manage budget as directed by CEO;
- Review monthly internal financial statements with variance comparison to budget, ensuring compliance with applicable accounting standards and covenants;
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations such as receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting;
- Distribute and manage communication of financial statements to the CEO;
- Manage day to day cash, including banking relationships, cash flow forecasting and cash flow analysis;
- Manage corporate tax filing with external accounting firm support;
- Manage the company’s external audit and tax relationships;
- Support CEO with capital strategy, including disclosure schedules and subscription agreements, and managing external investor and funder relationships;
- Handle the annual renewal of company insurance programs;
- Liaise with sales and operations to support business activities;
- Miscellaneous filings and reports (e.g. annual filings, export filings, provincial statistical filings);
- Supervise finance, HR and administration functions;
- Ensure company compliance with local and federal regulations; and
- Track employee options, calculate annual stock option expense and manage capitalization table;
What you bring:
- A strong background in Accounting with a CPA/CMA designation;
- Knowledge of or experience with a SaaS company is a big plus;
- Comfortable preparing documents and presenting to the CEO and supporting the CEO in Board reporting;
ClearRisk is looking for a driven individual who is looking to build their career. This exciting opportunity is one that will go as far you choose to take it. This is a full-time permanent position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our client embraces diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.