Website DF Barnes
We build and maintain great things!
Jump Recruitment is currently seeking candidates for the permanent, full-time position of Director – Business Development & Client Relations for our client, DF Barnes, based in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
WHO WE ARE:
At DF Barnes, we build and maintain great things! We provide innovative fabrication, industrial construction, rigging and vessel maintenance services to support the growing needs of our clients. Although the challenges are ever changing, our integrity, professionalism and commitment to quality remains the same. When we build great things, our clients win. To learn more about DF Barnes, please visit https://www.dfbarnes.com/about/.
As Director – Business Development & Client Relations, you will serve as a key strategist working closely with the Executive Team to proactively identify industry opportunities and maintain strong client relationships. This position will provide direction on all matters that impact sales, client relations, and stakeholder engagement. Most importantly, as a key face of DF Barnes, you will build strong relationships with our clients while being visible and respected in the community.
- Create a best-in-class business development function by developing short, medium, and long-term roadmaps for improving business development and sales initiatives, approaches, and metrics.
- Oversee the business development and bidding activities for key strategic pursuits.
- Coordinate resources amongst various business units to build bidding teams.
- Provide recommendations to senior leadership within the organization on all matters related to business development and client relations.
- Serve as a key liaison for external agencies and industry groups.
- Foster strong relationships with local, regional, and provincial Government bodies.
- Report regularly to senior leadership on the company’s status in relation to its business development objectives.
- Ensure key business development information is shared between all business units.
- Monitor performance against organizational goals to ensure that progress is being made and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Experienced industry leader (10 years – offshore, fabrication, industrial, mining, construction) who is comfortable working at both the strategic and tactical level.
- Relevant university degree (e.g., Engineering, Business/Commerce).
- Natural interpersonal and communication skills and can build seamless working relationships across an organization and with key stakeholders.
- Astute, savvy and can implement effective action plans which take advantage of opportunities for generating positive results.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Possess natural confidence but are low ego and are known as a candid team player who is open-minded and patient in your approach to strategic planning and business in general.
- Results oriented with an appreciation and commitment to quality and safety.
- Highly engaged in everything you do and live our core values of Be Innovative; Have Fun; Take Care of Each Other; Build Great Things.
- Thrive on challenges and successes and maintain a strong commitment to make our short and long-term business plans a reality.
WE PUT PEOPLE FIRST:
- So why join our team? In a nutshell: because we innovate where others don’t, we reward what others miss, and we imagine what others wouldn’t dare.
- For our employees, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages as well as a fun, stimulating work environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply in confidence: https://www.jumpcareers.ca/bullhorn/#/jobs/1073
If you are a client-focused strategic leader who is curious and willing to challenge the status quo and is always looking for ways to improve and progress, join the DF Barnes team today! For more information, please contact: