Medavie Blue Cross
Jump Recruitment, on behalf of our client, Medavie Blue Cross, is seeking Bilingual (English/French) Customer Service Representatives in Newfoundland and Labrador. This is a remote, full time position.
For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Remote Opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Job Title: Private Customer Service Representative
- Start Dates(s): We have ongoing class start dates from June to September – lets chat about the one that’s right for you!
- Department: Private Contact Centre (ATL)
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Location: Remote Newfoundland and Labrador
- Salary: Bilingual (English/French) $39,000 + Bonus / $20 per hour
- Reports To: Team Leader
Motivated by helping others?
In this role you will provide support and service to our members where you will have the opportunity to effectively problem solve and contribute positively to a team environment. Your objective in this role is to ensure that the person making the inquiry receives the highest level of customer service possible. Far from your typical contact center experience – we have some of the highest employee satisfaction scores in the whole company.
- Comprehensive health and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day
- Monday to Friday shifts ending at 9pm ATL / No overnights / No weekends!
- We offer an extensive virtual paid training program with a mix of in-class learning and on-the-job application, ensuring you are prepared to take calls
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
- Emphasis on work life balance, providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts
- 4% Short-Term Incentive Program (STIP) which recognizes your contribution to our success.
Superstars on our team:
- Reply and support calls associated with coverage and payment inquiries relating to customers health care benefits, payment-related information, and other general inquiries
- Quickly assess and resolve any challenging situations and provide effective strategies to each caller
- Are committed to excellence in customer service and always aim for a first- call resolution
What you need to succeed:
- You like helping people – this is non-negotiable
- You are a good communicator – through email and phone, you are clear, concise, and friendly
- Whatever it takes attitude, you like a new challenge every day
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma with post-secondary education or equivalent work experience in customer service
- Ensure you can concentrate, have high attention to detail and be able to sit while using a computer and a headset for prolonged periods of time
- Those who have 2+ years with Contact Centre experience and enjoy this industry have proven to be very successful in our environment
- Strong technical aptitude – you can multitask and navigate between multiple software applications simultaneously while ensuring you continue to support the caller at the same time
- You can handle the good and challenging calls
- You are a problem-solving master; you understand the callers needs and learn quickly how to get the best results in any environment
- Bilingualism is mandatory for this position (French/English spoken and written)
- Virtual Training hours: Monday – Friday (8:30am – 4:30pm ATL)
- Our Centre’s support customers from coast-to-coast and are open from 8am – 9pm ATL
- After training you will be provided with a set shift, working 7.5 hours a day, Monday-Friday within the core Contact Centre hours
- We offer a shift-bid option (depending on business needs) where you will have the opportunity to select an alternate available shift within the core Contact Centre operating hours. This process is based on seniority.
Remote work requirements:
- For Remote Employees, you must have the ability to work independently in a virtual environment where you will work remotely with coworkers and Leaders
- Experience working independently and autonomously in a virtual/remote environment will be considered an asset
Home Office Requirements:
- Private working area must have a locked door, secure locked perimeter doors, a locking file cabinet and a locked office space in a controllable environment
- You must have a secure, quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work time
- You must always ensure your e-work space is secured before walking away
- You must connect to an approved home network with an internet provider
- Must be able to meet the minimum internet requirements of 6 Mbs download, 1 Mbs upload, and an unlimited data cap to be able to work remotely
- Wired Internet connection, capable of continuously supporting excellent call quality and high-speed response rate (Internet connection can be connected to modem through hard cable (not wireless)
- Your home office must have a DSL, Fiber, or Cable modem that can be hardwired, via an Ethernet cable, into the computer we send you. (Wifi connections are not compatible with our devices – Dial-up, Wireless, Mobile Hotspot, or Satellite internet service cannot be used)
- We will provide you with a computer, dual monitors, and a headset for this position. We also provide a webcam that is required to be used for training and team meetings.
To apply, please send your resume to Ashley Verge, Recruitment Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply below.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
In order to keep our employees, candidates, and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our employees are working from home within Canada.
All interviewing, onboarding and most work takes place remotely.
At Medavie, everything we do is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians. We have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy as part of our ongoing efforts to protect the health and safety of our employees, partners, plan members and the communities where we live and work. Proof of full vaccination is required for all employees at Medavie Blue Cross.