Corporate Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Manager, St. John’s, NL
On behalf of our client – Crosbie, Jump Recruitment Specialists is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Corporate Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Manager . This is a permanent full-time position located in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Who we are
As a 4th generation family business, Crosbie is a leader in the offshore oil & gas, marine construction, and commercial and residential real estate markets. A growth-oriented company, Crosbie is focused on both its core markets and investing in new and emerging sectors. With its head office located in St. John’s, NL, there are additional locations in the Maritimes, the United States and Guyana. Having been in business for well over a century, Crosbie has continuously adapted to changing industry demands. Safely providing superior client-focused solutions, Crosbie merges world-class expertise with local, deeply held values. Since 2015, Crosbie has been part of Best Managed Companies, Canada’s leading business award program that recognizes excellence by privately-owned Canadian companies, an acknowledgment of the company’s exceptional business performance in a fast-changing world.
The Corporate Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Manager is the senior HSE Manager within Crosbie and member companies reporting to the Company’s Chief Operating Officer. The Corporate HSE Manager will strengthen our safety culture and lead continual safety culture improvement activities.
Essential Role Functions
- As the Company’s senior HSE leader you will provide regular, daily, visible safety leadership to drive sustained positive cultural change
- Develop a long-term strategic plan to systematically improve HSE performance across the group of Crosbie companies
- Lead the design, application, and use of management system approach to positively influence company HSE performance
- Advise executive leadership of relevant regulatory standards, trends, industry best practices and contractual requirements related to, health, safety, and environmental protection
- Lead the effective implementation of appropriate Safety and Environment System policies and procedures and ensure compliance with latest regulatory, client and company expectations
- Lead the analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and presenting improvement plans
- On a regular basis provide executive with insight into company HSE performance and associated HSE performance improvement plans
- Ensure effective implementation of a robust risk assessment and management process
- Ensure development, implementation, and testing of emergency response and crisis management plans
- Ensure development and implementation of effective plans for the protection of the environment
- Commitment to travel and work remotely at company sites within Canada and internationally (e.g., Guyana & Nova Scotia) for up to 3 months per calendar year
- Collaborate with business unit leaders to identify and implement HSE improvement initiatives
- Monitor HSE performance on monthly basis, complete trend analysis and provide reports both internally and externally
- Consults with Clients on HSE related issues
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with various client HSE expectations and where applicable integration with client systems
- Conduct site visits to all operating areas including company owned facilities, client construction sites, and client offshore facilities
- Provides timely HSE support to the bidding process and post award contract start-up
- Accountable for the review, interpretation and compliance with health, safety, and environment regulatory requirements
- Conduct onsite HSE audits and inspections
- Steward risk assessments and process hazard analysis across the Group of companies
- Accountable for the review and interpretation of health, safety and environment regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Develop positive working relationships with business unit leadership teams
- Ensure that effective systems are in place to inform workers about workplace health and safety hazards
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary education in occupational health and safety or relevant combination of education (e.g., Engineering) and experience
- 10+ years HSE experience at a senior level in a heavy industrial setting such as ship building, mining, forestry, alternate energy, manufacturing and/or oil and gas
- Canadian registered safety professional (CRSP) designation or equivalent would be an asset
- Formal Incident investigation training and investigation experience
- Experience with managing and implementing management systems compliant with ISO 9001, ISO 14000, and ISO 45001 expectations
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence senior leaders, peers, and clients
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational abilities
- Competitive salary + Performance Incentive Plan (PIP)
- RRSP matching plan
- Comprehensive Group Medical and Dental Plan including Health Spending Account
- Got a personal appointment? We understand life doesn’t stop and at Crosbie personal appointment time is provided on an annual basis along with vacation and other personal time off entitlements.
- Annual Wellness Program entitlement
Crosbie is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
If you require this job advertising in an alternate format or require accessibility supports to complete your application, please contact us immediately or contact our community partners at Inclusion NL to access the supports you require. (kathy@inclusionNL.ca or 709-697-3323).
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume to
Brendan Hagerty | General Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.